Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,277
    Given: 1,265
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pot of Gold strain

0 Not allowed!
    Looking for feedback on this??

Horse Badorities

0 Not allowed!
    Bodhi sent me a pack of Pot of Gold along with some testers. What I got was supposed to be an old school bay area kush type, but never having had any of that stuff, I don't know, lol!

I think the original came from Flying Dutchman seeds. https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/...ying_Dutchmen/

I only got 1 female out of 6 seeds, but it was excellent smoke... a very uplifting Indica, unless I had a few extra tokes, then it knocked me out! It was an ok yielder for me indoors. It was a bit floppy, so you might need a couple of cages outside.

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    @Bigfoot, ...send me some and i'll let you know....LOL!!, I'm joking "),~~

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,277
    Given: 1,265
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    @Bigfoot, ...send me some and i'll let you know....LOL!!, I'm joking "),~~
    You better have plenty for me to eat at the BBQ this weekend!!! Bigfoot's eat lot's....lol

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    @Bigfoot....????

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,124
    Given: 1,323
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey @Bigfoot told you the boys in the Sonoma Growers Co-op used to grow tons of this and Nona Purps back in the day. I remember it as Goldy Brown in the bag like that Dream lotus you grew. When you light up Pot of Gold weed, you get an unmistakeable smell of quality black hash and the flavor is quite similar with the addition of some sweet, fruity tones. A soaring, narcotic high comes on very quickly after the first toke leaving you with a powerfully cerebral high that won’t leave you lurching for the couch. Medically, this weed can be used for muscular pain and stress.

pot of gold.jpg

Pots of Gold seeds grow into plants of medium height with mid-green leaves that darken as the plant matures. The dense buds are sticky with silver crystals and THC content varies from a respectable 15 percent to a high 18 percent.

This isn’t the easiest weed to grow as it requires good ventilation and its tendency to develop mold means that temperatures and humidity have to be carefully controlled. It’s a good idea to prune the lower side stems to help with air circulation. Indoor flowering time is eight to nine weeks and yields are around 600 grams per square metre.

Due to its Hindu Kush heritage, the Pot of Gold strain is quite hardy so it can be grown outdoors in temperate northern climates; just make sure it isn’t affected by frost. Harvest in the northern hemisphere is in the first half of October.

If you have intermediate gardening skills, Pot of Gold weed will reward you with a generous crop of top grade weed, but beginners should look elsewhere for their first growing attempt.

Strain Characteristics:
    Outdoors Height: Medium
    THC Level: 15 - 18%
    Flowering Time: 8-9 weeks
    Plant Type: Indica
    Harvest: Mid to Late October
    Genetics: Hindu Kush x Skunk #1
    Yield: 600 gm2
    Grow Difficulty: Intermediate

Happy Farming...
    Last edited by 2mins4roughing; 05-30-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi there. I cannot find anything on the strain Nona Purps anywhere. Anyone know if it's called by another name or why it has no info!? Thanks!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 1,205
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @KDWinnie
    Nona purps is perhaps a particular strain of (purp) which you can find info on. And from what i saw...Nona seems to be a name of some ethnic ladies. So maybe "Nona purp" is actually a phenotypic expression within the "purpv strain that is grown by someone...just a guess. I have seen "Larry O.G." so i really dont think its a stretch to assume. And i could also grow anything and call it that. (I wouldn't) If it is a legit "inbred line" it doesn't have a huge following nor a lengthy history.