Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Thread: Anxiety relief?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anxiety relief?

0 Not allowed!
    I read that indicas are great for anxiety collectively. Then others I spoke with who are prone to anxiety say sativa said works much better as it keeps them active and not "couch locked" which they said seemed to induce anxiety.

I'm one who is prone to anxiety at times and I'm venturing into the cannabis world in search for relief with anxiety and sleep. I have many ethnobotanicals I use daily and I would like cannabis to be just another tool for me.

I haven't truly used cannabis in probably 10 years. Maybe a couple times a year I will use a 1 hitter time to time but it's garbage cannabis and not useful. I decided to grow my own and specifically select strains that I feel will benefit what I'm looking to achieve.

Years ago I stopped using cannabis as I had a few episodes of paranoia and anxiety. Could of been a lot of things at play but I put it down. Now my wife and I are at a good point in our lives and are looking to embark down this wonderful road.

Any advise on strains that would be good for anxiety but would also not provide the "couch lock" I'm hearing about? Currently I'm growing California hash and Pineapple Express. I believe both are strong indicas. I'm wondering if I should start a hybrid or sativa dominant. Seems indicas stay short in nature compared to sativas. I need to have a low growing plant (2'-3' max)

Any feedback would be appreciated
    Organics

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    This is my personal experience.....and when I tell people this, they look at me like I'm crazy ha,...but I do agree that sativa dominant or better yet land race sativa like east coast sour diesel are best for my anxiety. I would focus more on what works rarpther than what grows the lowest height. As you get growing, you will figure out ways to shorten your plants, whether sativa or indica, through methods like topping, low stress bending, etc. the main point is to grow what will help. I don't know of any dispensaries that sell land race strain clones (and I can understand why....so the genetics stay pure), but I would try both extremes, and a hybrid, and also try some cbd strains. Strains with a ration of 1:1 thc to cbd seem to be the ultimate best for anxiety...imo

no1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Organics View Post
    I read that indicas are great for anxiety collectively. Then others I spoke with who are prone to anxiety say sativa said works much better as it keeps them active and not "couch locked" which they said seemed to induce anxiety.

I'm one who is prone to anxiety at times and I'm venturing into the cannabis world in search for relief with anxiety and sleep. I have many ethnobotanicals I use daily and I would like cannabis to be just another tool for me.

I haven't truly used cannabis in probably 10 years. Maybe a couple times a year I will use a 1 hitter time to time but it's garbage cannabis and not useful. I decided to grow my own and specifically select strains that I feel will benefit what I'm looking to achieve.

Years ago I stopped using cannabis as I had a few episodes of paranoia and anxiety. Could of been a lot of things at play but I put it down. Now my wife and I are at a good point in our lives and are looking to embark down this wonderful road.

Any advise on strains that would be good for anxiety but would also not provide the "couch lock" I'm hearing about? Currently I'm growing California hash and Pineapple Express. I believe both are strong indicas. I'm wondering if I should start a hybrid or sativa dominant. Seems indicas stay short in nature compared to sativas. I need to have a low growing plant (2'-3' max)

Any feedback would be appreciated
    Organics

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-...ns-for-anxiety

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hello
    Im currently growing some plants for ptsd and anxiety. I have White strawberry skunk females. I researched it and the medicinal uses of this strain have been used for depression and anxiety. Its a 50/50 mix of sativa and indica which gives a good mental high but also relaxes the body. I have not tried it yet as its still growing but im hoping for the best. The description sounds very promising as far as smell and taste. I recomend you look it up.
    Hope this may help a little!

P.S girlscout cookies works very well for me also. I recomend that strain as well

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I have severe ptsd. The only strains I can smoke are White widow (Day) Critical kush (night) and Skywalker kush (night). All others send me into a panic attack.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,477
    Given: 2,443
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I like cbd strains for anxiety, the Blue Shark from barneys farm works great for me. Also good for pain and a great anti inflammatory.
    Last edited by Sirveaux; 05-27-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Charlotte's Everyday Advanced by CWhemp works also good.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    This can be useful reading for you CBD and anxiety relief