Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

butter vs cookies made with that same butter

0 Not allowed!
    Hi everyone,

The other week we made some butter with weed. We were lazy so for a time we just used that butter straight on toasts and eat it that way. Everyone was happy with the effect. Few days ago I made some cookies with that same butter. Most of those who tried both the cookies and butter have to say it's not the same anymore. They claimed they liked the buzz a lot better before I turn this butter into cookies.

Personally I don't know but with a vast majority of my friends saying they liked the butter better, I figured maybe there is something?

What do you think?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,056
    Given: 1,079
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Did you decarb before you made the butter? Ive done 120 c for 1 hour with good results,it could have decarbed a second time in the oven while baking the cookies,did the cookies make everyone more sleepy than first go? if so the thc could have converted to cbg which would explain the sleepyness.

Hope some of this is useful

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Sinware,

Yes I dcarbed before to make the butter. I did 45 min in the oven at 240F.

Also yes it made everyone more sleepy when eating it in the cookies rather than eating the butter straight. So you might be on the right track with this. But I'm a bit puzzled about this since I decarbed it first. Now the big question is: how to avoid this in the future

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,056
    Given: 1,079
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    just try decarb during the cooking process

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,477
    Given: 2,443
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I think it's because in the cookies, the butter is more thinly distributed throughout your batch of cookies. Maybe for cookies make it a bit stronger, some people use half and half regular and cannabutter for taste, if you did try going whole hog with the cannabuter next time.

btw if the taste bothers you try dried lavender, really kills the lawn clipping taste.
    Last edited by Sirveaux; 11-10-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 66
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pino View Post
    Hi Sinware,

Yes I dcarbed before to make the butter. I did 45 min in the oven at 240F.

Also yes it made everyone more sleepy when eating it in the cookies rather than eating the butter straight. So you might be on the right track with this. But I'm a bit puzzled about this since I decarbed it first. Now the big question is: how to avoid this in the future
    Hi @Pino - I am still very much a newbie to cooking with and ingesting cannabis but just thought I would add that sugar has a lot to do with how an edible reacts in our bodies. And any non-cannabis goodies for that matter. I think we all know by now that sugar causes some pretty severe crashes shortly after the rush resulting in sleepiness. Maybe this is what is interfering with the buzz? How much sugar was in your recipe? Actually, eating a spoonful of canna butter on toast is probably a healthier way to get it in but not nearly as tasty or fun :-)
    "I wanna know Y" - Sinister Sam

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,103
    Given: 1,288
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a little Graph on Decarbing your weed... Unless your making oil or cooking with material if making butter you will activate your dry material during cooking while boiling.

decarboxylation-graph-1-11.jpg

Happy Farming...

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I am new the forum and am getting ready to try my first batch of cannabutter. Can anyone let me know if this is a good recipe for a beginner?
    https://fremont.edu/learn-make-cannabutter-easiest-way/

Is there anything I should be careful of when making it? I am hoping to avoid any newbie mistakes on my first batch.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 376
    Given: 602
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @thctalk
    That method for butter is pretty solid. There are some points that arent covered and there aren't many pictures. The decarb method with the temps and times are good. What they dont say is to break it up before placing in your baking sheet or dish. Coffee grinders cam pulverize the plant matter allowing more of it to slip through the cheese cloth. I prefer to chop it up by hand. I have made a few batches of butter. Its great to bake with. I have also found i lose about 1 stick of butter every time i make it. Thats 1/4 of infused oil/butter. No matter how hard i squeeze. I use coconut oil now cuz it has a better return. Heres my thread/link

https://www.marijuanagrowing.com/sho...ed-coconut-oil

The recipe you posted for the butter will work. If done correctly and made with good herb, the butter will be slamming as well. i throw out the coconut recipe as an alternative due to its ability to subbed as butter as well.