Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,094
    Given: 2,680
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Grower View Post
    There is a small river near where i plan on growing, it would be perfect and there's lots of plant around it. umm but yeah i can water it ever other day if that would help ?
    Just take into consideration what I wrote about cresting levels. There's nothing worse than feeling proud of a watering accomplishment and then going out to find that the level rose and your plants have drowned. It happens. A moving body of water is impossible to predict. A pond, on the other hand, should have a drain in it somewhere to control this type of problem. Since you say it will be near a river at least hopefully you won't have to carry the water far.

As far as watering additionally every other day, you may want to remember that the less trips to your grow the safer it will be. Thus the term guerrilla/stealth. If you can find a close bank area and follow the simple plan I use, the plant will get all the water it needs. Try to stay organic if possible, too. That way you don't have a buildup of nitrates in your soil or the likelihood of it washing back into the water supply. Compost teas work really well. My grow is kept as close to 100% organic as humanly possible and it isn't lacking in anything so far as I can tell. You also come away with a quality product that burns into grey ash when smoked. No little black coal in your bowl or on the end of your doob because there are no accumulated nitrates in it.

Another thing to think about. If you do a little research you can learn what to use in your soil mix that will help hold water if you are not right by your supply. Peat mulch is a good one but there are several products that will work well. Compost mulch and manures will help a lot too. Water retention granules are available if you have the extra cash. I haven't tried the swamp tubes that @NBweedguy mentioned but I've read that they do work pretty good, provided you use them in a way that doesn't negate your reason for being as stealthy as possible.
    Last edited by DownSouth; 09-05-2016 at 08:12 AM.
    "Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."
    -Confucius

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thank You, DownSouth, You've helped alot and gave me some ideas

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 92
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Isn't it a bit late in the year to start an outdoor. Winter is coming soon.
    FG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Somewhere in the hot, dry desert of Arizona
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 470
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomGrower View Post
    Isn't it a bit late in the year to start an outdoor. Winter is coming soon.
    He's about 2 weeks from summer.
    https://www.marijuanagrowing.com/show...l=1#post161206
    “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas Edison

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 92
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Still confused... Earth is on its way to the farthest we can be from the sun. Maybe it's just cause I'm Canadian lmao
    Winters like a week away here. Summer starts June 21. Lol strange
    FG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Somewhere in the hot, dry desert of Arizona
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 470
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomGrower View Post
    Still confused... Earth is on its way to the farthest we can be from the sun. Maybe it's just cause I'm Canadian lmao
    Winters like a week away here. Summer starts June 21. Lol strange
    Maybe in the South Pacific?
    “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas Edison

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    My two cents on outdoor growing. Seems like most think you need a lot of extra water, maybe you do, I don't. I plant outdoors gorilla style, in my mind gorilla means you can not go to visit every other day, nor carry water every other day, watering everyday is a backyard grow. I go a month or more with no rain water to my plants, they do not even look thirsty. They look great every time I have visited. Just plant your seedling in the pouring rain, that will get the roots established. I live in the Midwest USA, never carried water since my youth, bout killed me. Going back even once a week will leave a well traveled trail for many to wonder what is on the other end of the trail. Use feminized seeds, plant them in dirt when they are about 12-15 inches in a rain storm, yea you will get soaked to the bone, when you are done you will be set for the year. If using Feminized seed no need to visit until harvest. Don't leave a darn trail. plant a couple or single plant outdoor in the backyard monitor that, don't be going back to plants very much. but,
    Will Rogers.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,537
    Given: 3,099
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, never tell anyone

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 241
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I have a creek on my property down a short hill and I Have lived here a long time. No one else takes care of this area but me so it is surrounded by blackberries all summer. I'm planning on planting about ten plants around this creek this summer. I will have to put tome wire fence around them tough because the dear like to eat everything down there.
    Pushing little children with their fully automatics.
    They like to push the weak around.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,882
    Given: 1,006
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Bow hunted Deer venison is so good, & your plants will never miss them. Hahaha

Healthy gardening, happy gardener. Win Win... ;-)

Dr.Chas-THC
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    Gorilla Gear Board ~ Hurricane Super 8 Fan,
    HyperFan 8”~HyperFan Hyper Climate Control,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    MountainAir Big Air Volatile Organic
    Activated Carbon Filter 8”x40”!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12