Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,574
    Given: 3,303
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    @Sconeofark,
    Cannabis testing is super inconsistent to date. The Ring Test conducted by O'Shaughnnessey's shows what I mean. Also, the second chapter in the Cannabis Encyclopedia has much information about the inconsistencies of testing. I chose Alpha-Cat TLC tests from France because the owner is a career scientist and has the most consistent test. They test for cannabinoid content rather than effects or fragrance. The two latter tests are much more complex and effects could be considered subjective.
    @Horse Badorities I see you agree with the subjective part above and you also brought up the point of "every grow is different" so true!

Please REVIEW The Cannabis Encyclopedia on amazon. Thanks! https://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Encyc...4331120&sr=1-3

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,574
    Given: 3,303
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    @Budnovamind
    Thanks for posting the link. This device could be a game changer, that is, if it is scientifically accurate consistently.

Please REVIEW The Cannabis Encyclopedia on amazon. Thanks! https://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Encyc...4331120&sr=1-3

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,519
    Given: 1,628
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not saying our current testing tech is inaccurate, I'm saying we humans still don't fully understand what it is we are testing for.

At least not for recreational.

Medical there is a condition to monitor.

Recreational there is a common effect we are all after, but little or no way to measure that effect aside from how bad people bug you for more. I can assure you they all bug me for the exact same stuff, and it isn't THC.

What we all call the entourage effect is more important to 'recreation' than the total amount of active THC found in a given dose.

I see in high THC flower is a longer duration lower intensity effect while the lower THC stuff I can smell from across the street has a shorter duration much higher intensity effect. The latter is a way better recreational product.

Also it should be properly modulated.

Potent does little good if it is not pleasant, and pleasant is just a tease if it isn't potent. So far we have little to no idea what hits the gas brakes and steering wheel when it comes to modulating THC.

Lots of time and effort will go to waste trying to mix our way to a perfect effect using cheaper starting material, but the plants are way better at it.

Fire In Fire Out is rule 1 for a reason.

The drug var cannabis evolved under the pressure of farmers who used their sense of smell compared to the effect for thousands of years before we started doing it.

Its still a pretty sure bet if it smells good it is good, and if that smell is pungent it is potent.

How that will ultimately stack on paper once we have a good database of the compounds and how they interact will be the data of legends.

I'm still betting nature stays way out ahead of tech on this for a long time.
    Last edited by Sconeofark; 02-20-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet?

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycashed View Post
    I will be testing often and would have no problem posting results for archive.
    That was really a great idea

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycashed View Post
    I will be testing Crazy bulk https://www.fitnessdonkey.com/legal-...zy-bulk-review often and would have no problem posting results for archive.
    Keep us posted with the results. How did it work for you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12