Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacks Pro Hydroponic 5-12-26

0 Not allowed!
    So this is without a doubt the cheapest nute solution your going to use..

When mixed with Calcium Nitriate your looking at around 70 bucks (before shipping) for 25 pounds of solution that mixed at a rate of 1.9 grams a gallon of water will last a long long time. Included is an image of my current nute solution.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by arkady2300; 12-23-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Arkady!

Very interesting, if a little confusing. There isn't much usage information over there, and the ratios seem a bit high for weed. 5-12-26 means 5% Nitrogen (N), 12% Phosphorus (P), 26% Potassium (K). But then, I don't really know what the total NPK amounts should be for weed.

On basic GH Flora Series labels for FloraGro and Flora Micro, the total Nitrogen is 7%. There's none in the Flora Bloom, the main ingredient of the flower phase, because weed doesn't need that much N at that time. Then there's Floraliscious Plus added, that's another 2%, bringing the total to 9% for seedlings through veg.

To be honest, I've no idea if that's too high or too low. Crazy, huhn? I started a thread in the newbie section of the forum to try to figure out what optimum salts are, 'cause I'm going in circles.

The only thing I know for certain is that 5% is way too much N for the flower phase, and especially the harvest phase. I haven't researched the other salts yet.

But still - if it turns out that the Jack's Pro is good enough for seedling through veg with only the addition of one or two supplements, you will have done this community a real favor by sharing your info.
    Babies: Concentrate on good roots, building the base on which the plants will grow.
    Teens: Train without killing their spirit, encouraging the attributes the plants were born with.
    Flower: Tend them gently with love in their old age so they go out with dignity and glory.
    Finally: Have the patience to cure their fruit like fine wine.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I only use one mix for the entirety of the grow and thats the profile that is in that inline image if you click on it, it will embiggen, my NPK is 105-26-114. I decided to get away from supplements and hydro-store bought nutes a long time ago cause I hated the markups and the fact that a lot of the various hydro companies are not perfectly honest in their labeling which is a giant nono in the agricultural community.

So just to be super clear the mix is 1.9 grams of jacks pro hydro 5-12-26 with 1.5 grams of epsom salts, after that completely dissolves I add 1.9 grams of calcium nitrate.

I know this is against cannabis forum cannon but I dont cut out N at any stage in the grow... check out Jorge's vid on yellowing leaves.
    Last edited by arkady2300; 11-26-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Marijuana Growing Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,793
    Given: 774
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Umm im lost here. How is your npk 245% of the soil mix.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Those are the npk in parts per million of a gallon of water. I always post the elemental analysis of the nute solution I am using.

Also I use a soilless mix of coco, peat, and perlite.

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    So your N is 105 ppm P is 26 ppm and K is 114 ppm. So thats 245 ppm. And in the chart it shows a total of 653 ppm. And you use this from start to finish? I also dont stop with N in flower but P and K need to go up for large dense buds. Im also in a coco peat clay soiless mix. Running RO water i would never be able to run the ppm that low. Only thefirst 2 weeks of veg maybe.
    Am i missing something?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I used to run hotter mixes then I kept stepping it down to the current level; bud formation did not change noticeably. Here is a photo of a plant wholly grown with that formula, and a flower cab photo from a while ago also with this forumla.

DSC_0162b.jpg

DSC_0155a.jpg
    Last edited by arkady2300; 11-26-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    This is a VERY interesting discussion, guys. *grabs a cuppa' and pulls up a chair*

@Arkady - got pix? I'd love to see what your grows look like at different stages seeing as I totally agree with your opinion about nutes and supplements.
    Babies: Concentrate on good roots, building the base on which the plants will grow.
    Teens: Train without killing their spirit, encouraging the attributes the plants were born with.
    Flower: Tend them gently with love in their old age so they go out with dignity and glory.
    Finally: Have the patience to cure their fruit like fine wine.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I added some pics from the grow in the old location the current grow is just starting to stack flowers and isn't all that interesting. Check the above posts.

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking plants. Now i know im missing something. Im telling you. If im under 800ppm by 3rd week of veg my plants let me know. Lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast