Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

DankMedUser

metal halide and hps for flowering?

0 Not allowed!
    hi there folks i have to put my plants into flower and i was wondering what light would be better 600watt hps or 400watt hps and 400watt M/H
    in the same tent i thought the m/h & hps would have been better as there is both spetrums of light thanks in advance atb dank

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yea if you can do both then thats the best. Plus with multiple lights you get more coverage. Just the fact you have two lights in there is better because of the coverage area. If you can only do one light then hps over mh for flower.
    Last edited by Sativa; 10-29-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativa View Post
    Yea if you can do both then thats the best. Plus with multiple lights you get more coverage. Just the fact you have two lights in there is better because of the coverage area. If you can only do one light then hps over mh for flower.
    Pretty much this. Plus more than one light provides more light to the plant allowing more growth and larger buds!
    CANNABIS IS LEGAL!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2074168.html

Gone, but never forgotten...
    "Peace and good vibs to all!!"
    - snapper
    "I'M A Recreational User!!"
    - Dr Dank
    "Recognize homies, this is OUR HOME"
    - kmanndahouse03

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    There's also the fact that 2 400w MH bulbs will be around double the light output even though its only a total of 200 more watts than a 600w HPS, and it'll be about the same as the 600w on electrical cost as well. And you're spot on about using both to cover both ends of the spectrum.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 395
    Given: 581
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Mh bulbs are more commonly used for vegitation, rather then flowering because of the spectrum of the sun, remeber ur imitating mother nature inside spring(more blue), fall(more red/yellowish)

MH=Veg
    HPS=Flowering, however also works for veg okish some have told me.

for hid bulbs i would recommed 400w or a 600w because it uses its energy more effeciently, means its cheaper to run in the long run, plus more lumens per watts which is always a good thing.

if the grow tent is about 4x4 then all u would need is 1 hid fixture/bulb. however bigger spaces require more lights depending on the amount of plants in the tent at once, averagely u can fit 9-16 clones in a 3x3 to 5x5 area, with good ventilations of course.

personally i would suggest you use 400w hps and a 400w mh if u wanted both spectruims, however thts not really needed and could be a waste of ur $. so if u were to get 1 600w hps or 2 400w hps for flowering

Quote Originally Posted by Sativa View Post
    agreed, pretty much what i said, just alittle more info.
    Last edited by bodastoner; 11-23-2012 at 08:09 AM.