Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: strain info

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,157
    Given: 766
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Runamuk1 View Post
    I was looking into buying seeds from the old days from and area of Mexico called Oaxaca. Fantastic smoke even in brick weed.

I don't know if the Nirvana seeds are any better but the strain "Eldorado" for a land race Sativa is fantastic base.

Good growing
    I grew Eldorado this last season (2014), she is a fantastic plant. Worth the trouble of getting to know her, delicious sweet smelling, sticky,compact nugs.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,007
    Given: 9,545
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The world famous Panama Red would be the closest fit I could find from that era. I might add the ONLY Cannabis I couldn't drive on. A pinner looked like little more than a paper rolled up split between two people passing by San Rafael in the 70's and I had to pull off the freeway.
    strains-543.jpg
    Buy Panama Red Seeds at Discount Prices Classification: Sativa
    Parents: Panamanian landrace
    Growing Environment: Indoor/outdoor
    Garden Skills: Beginner
    Flowering Time: 11 - 12 weeks
    Yield: Moderate
    THC Content: Low
    Medical Uses: Depression, anxiety, inflammation, nausea
    Breeder: Reeferman Seeds
    Cannabissearch.com Buzz Rating: Okay, so this one I've never actually tried, but I consulted an older friend and he says it's more of a mellow, upbeat high, with a relaxing body high accompanying the head high.
    While it's not too likely that you're going to see Panama Red in a dispensary, it's likely that you've tried it if you were a smoker in the 1960's to early '90s. While it's not the most potent strain around anymore, it's definitely had it's day and likely brings back many fond memories for those who have tried it.
    Panama Red grows to average height and can get pretty lanky at times. She�ll also stretch a bit during the initial few weeks of flowering. Most who grow this strain - although not many do anymore - are rewarded with a fairly decent yield of some flavorful, old-school cannabis.
    Since you are very unlikely to find clones, seeds or even buds of Panama Red in a dispensary, you�re best bet if you do wish to get your hands on some is to get some seeds from the breeder, which are only available in non-feminized form.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,157
    Given: 766
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I forgot to mention,I also grew Acapulco Gold and Land Race Peruvian Sativa as part of my outdoor garden this year. The Peruvian came out smeling like pine and cat piss, a bowl load is a relaxed stoney with a bit of couch, a whole cone is well, it gets me really high, and my friends too high. The Gold, well it has itd own unique funk, that tells you when you smell it," this will knock me out", and she does. Thanks for starting this thread, I love Sativa Land Races.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 111
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    i know this is a old thread but i'm still looking for the old pine. i got a hold of some of ndn guy's 79 x-mas bud. they are babies at this point but i will update later on it. i have a friend working them so pics may be tough.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123