Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can female cannabis plants contain seeds if a male plant didnt pollenate them

0 Not allowed!
    I was going through some of the bud i have and found a couple seeds just curious to know if a female havest plant could contain a few seed with pollen from a male plant

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    You mean without pollen? And yes you can, stressed induced I believe.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    i'l get this in before the pros answer, i think it can happen if you just keep letting the plant flower past ripeness, the plant has one goal in mind, the next generation, it knows it hasn't been pollinated and has no seeds , i dont know the process but to save her genetic line she auto produces a seed or two.

shit am baked i might be very wrong.

I have found a few seeds in none pollinated females, i found a few seeds in a dinafem bluehash, clone came from a single mom fem seed...LOL was a ufo freebie!
    Last edited by Four_Twenty; 10-09-2012 at 02:01 PM.

W33DB0X

0 Not allowed!
    There are serveral reasons why a Fem. Plant can carry / Produce Seeds

1. somewhere is a Male Plant (can be Pollen over miles whit wind)
    2. as a Member sayed Stress can be a reason too (dual sex)
    3. Instabil genetiks mostly fem seed can be dual sex whtiout doing enything wrong

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,119
    Given: 1,333
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Immaculate conception is for believers. Biology is real.

No matter how much a cannabis plant is "tricked" with stress, chemical or environmental, a grain of male pollen must pollinate a female ovule to produce a viable seed. The pollen can be produced many ways, but male pollen must appear and fertilize the embryo.

You guys are fun, ask more questions. I will send you to do your homework and you will become better medicinal cannabis gardeners and seed producers.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Cervantes View Post
    Immaculate conception is for believers. Biology is real.

No matter how much a cannabis plant is "tricked" with stress, chemical or environmental, a grain of male pollen must pollinate a female ovule to produce a viable seed. The pollen can be produced many ways, but male pollen must appear and fertilize the embryo.

You guys are fun, ask more questions. I will send you to do your homework and you will become better medicinal cannabis gardeners and seed producers.
    Pretty much this. You guys seemed to be missing his general question to which the answer is no. It is not possible to get a seed without pollen. All of the other statements about stress induced pollen production from hermies and male pollen travelling from a long distance is true don't get me wrong, but in this case I agree with Jorge.

No pollen does not a seed make... /thread.
    CANNABIS IS LEGAL!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2074168.html

Gone, but never forgotten...
    "Peace and good vibs to all!!"
    - snapper
    "I'M A Recreational User!!"
    - Dr Dank
    "Recognize homies, this is OUR HOME"
    - kmanndahouse03

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Could the male pollen come from the female plant itself and thus pollenate? is a female plant able to produce its own pollen if 'stressed'? i had 3 blue cheeses in my room and after very bad timing of the light, bad temp and waaaay bad fert they become skinny long and completly seeded at the heads, could this be something to do with what is being discussed?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aofthenui View Post
    Could the male pollen come from the female plant itself and thus pollenate? is a female plant able to produce its own pollen if 'stressed'? i had 3 blue cheeses in my room and after very bad timing of the light, bad temp and waaaay bad fert they become skinny long and completly seeded at the heads, could this be something to do with what is being discussed?
    The answer to this is a yes. What happened to your plants is that they became so stressed they turned into hermaphrodites which is when the cannabis plant self-fertilizes itself by growing both male and female cannabis sex parts which can occur as a result of bad genetics or over-stressing the plant which is unfortunately all too common with cannabis cultivation.
    CANNABIS IS LEGAL!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2074168.html

Gone, but never forgotten...
    "Peace and good vibs to all!!"
    - snapper
    "I'M A Recreational User!!"
    - Dr Dank
    "Recognize homies, this is OUR HOME"
    - kmanndahouse03

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Try searching "Rhodelization." This happened to one of my ladies when i kept her in flower for a few extra weeks (1 year ago earlier this month). Been growing tons of ICE ever since (roughly 80 or so) all female.

snapper

0 Not allowed!
    In my growing experience I have had this happen several times and here's why in my opinion; A female cannabis plant has one goal which is to flower and reproduce. This plant is amazing because it can adapt, or change depending on the environment in which it lives. Sometimes a female plant that does not have access to male flowers and there pollen will turn into a hermaphrodite in order to reproduce. This means that the female will produce male flowers and pollinate it self to continue it's life cycle. One year I grew a big bushy haze hybrid that was in full bloom when I noticed a couple of male flowers had appeared. I tried to remove all the flowers but some pollination did occur which resulted in seeds that were 100% female. Stress is a big factor on cannabis and is usually the reason for hermaphrodites and male flowers to pop out on female sensi plants. Thanks for letting me share my experience here, peace and good vibs!!
    Last edited by snapper; 10-30-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast