Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,136
    Given: 403
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Saw a video the other day where a guy had remote monitoring of his hydroponics with control over his greenhouse over the internet. Haven't finished looking at this system yet but I don't doubt it could work over the internet. Software is free......devices aren't .
    Agrowtek GrowControl
    http://agrowtek.com/component/option...page/Itemid,1/

Here's a light sample of lighting control.

Best of all looking at the pricing it's a good reminder of a personal touch isn't that bad after all
    I'm sure there are other remote control software's out there using cheaper hookups.
    $2,000 for the controller alone is steep so......just for an idea
    Disclaimer: Mother Nature does not support or endorse this product.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 174
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    while i have automated my greenhouse to a certain extent (water and some temp control) plus auto opening vents. i am a strong believer in a hands on approach.
    in tinkering with my little project a water control timer and rv water filter have been invaluable and as I live in a harsh climate (we had snow two days ago and last in july before that) IF you have the money a good system for climate control would be a good heat exchanger.
    cools when too hot warms when too cool wasy to run off solar and an excellent addition ... i just cant afford one yet lol.
    but i would like to say greenhouses open up a beautiful set of options for controlling your climate while utilizing nature.

i have had some excellent grows indoors but as an old hippie i believe in earth and sun over water and chems even organically obtained chems. there is just something honest about soil and sun and seed.
    just my take you are entirely welcome to disagree without fear of hurting my feelings lol

that rambling made...
    that controller system is very cool. it is nice to be able to be free from having to attend the systems everyday it is nice to be able to get away at times. still advantageous to be hands on with your plants but the freedom to take a day off if need be
    Last edited by greenhornet; 09-25-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,609
    Given: 9,245
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Greenhouse is fun and first place I go in morning because it is warm

0 Not allowed!
    Well heck the best laid plans have to be flexible. I had great hopes of using Camper Jacks to raise my greenhouse when time came. But also being a cheap tight ass when it comes to adding pieces to something that can work all by itself....so I never did find the camper jacks to raise and lower the green house.

So I used more timbers to raise it little over 2 feet. Yes I should have had a screen to pull the tops through...next time The last photo shows the wood timbers I added to gain height. Double duty also gives a huge improvement in space on the outer edge so I can walk around without having my shoulder hang up on the darn steel roof pipe.

DSCN1656.jpgDSCN1657.jpgDSCN1658.jpg

Let's see, I started a month late dues to weather, something killed my seeds, so clones were rejects from friends and were in flower so took time to correct that stuff, my plants were poisoned and I got them to pull out of that.

So here I sit, just about first of Oct and I just about 8 days ago started to grow real flowers not pre-flowers.

Other than that been a real smooth sailing Summer!! Sure am happy the long term weather forecast is for above normal temps and no real rain to speak of until Nov...I'm going to need ever second of it too.

I have been doing this for some time now and I've only harvested in Nov once...looking #2 coming up if all goes well and the creek don't rise

Keeping Oregon Green one plant at a time
    Muk

PS only auto I would like is the vents

"Growing is an "Art". It's like a Ballet!
    A Symphony of possibilities!!"...Siren

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 174
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    to me the trick to automation is not to depend on it.
    plants are living things and living beings need interaction. if that makes sense.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 105
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhornet View Post
    to me the trick to automation is not to depend on it.
    plants are living things and living beings need interaction. if that makes sense.
    Yessir!!!! Corn loves company!!!
    "GOOD THINGS GROW IN ONTARIO"

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, growing in a greenhouse is the best. But i'd like to try grow in a grow tent with the led grow lights.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1...qid=1497507681

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12