Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Cervantes View Post
    Here is the forum to ask me questions
    DJ Short breeding tip excerpts:
    Some other aspects to consider

The range of experiences elicited by cannabis can vary from bliss to panic to stupefying. I much prefer the bliss aspects.

Cannabis is unusual in its varying effects on our vascular-circulatory system. Some cannabis strains seem to act as a vasodilator and others as a vasoconstrictor. A vasoconstrictor is a substance that constricts blood vessels. It tends to elicit tension, excitement, anxiety, and even panic. A vasodilator is a substance that dilates blood vessels and tends to relax a person more easily into a blissful state. Therefore, I tend to prefer cannabis that seems to act as a vasodilator, simply not to the point of couch lock sedation.

Tinnitus and dyskinesia are common symptoms of a vasoconstrictor reaction. Tinnitus is ringing in the ears, and dyskinesia, in this instance, is usually felt as a tingling in the extremities, especially the little fingers, toes and ears. Another bad sign would be any form of tension headache or unwanted body load. If these symptoms occur regularly after indulging in a particular herb, the herb may be contributing to the sensation.

Do you think it is possible to accurately gauge vasodilation while exercising? As a serious weight trainer I use synthetic OTC bodybuilding supplements for vasodilation and it makes me wonder if I could use them as benchmarks in my selection process.
    Last edited by Pupil2Prodigy; 05-09-2013 at 07:42 AM.
    A vision without a task is but a dream, a task without a vision is drudgery, a vision and a task is the hope of the world.
    Who said it could not be done and what great victories has he to his credit which qualify him to judge others accurately?

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    pupil2prodigy, Great question. The condition I have restricts my muscles and has fused my joints particularly my neck and back. I have ringing in the ears, especially when the pain is intense and I have tingling in my fingers and legs. I've been looking for a strain that would put my muscles at rest. I seem to keep growing strains that are more uplifting and make you want to go do things..which is alright sometimes but when you want to relax it's hard. Something almost narcotic is something I'm looking for at night. Jorge just posted a video on cannabis testing and the different chemicals that they are isolating for a better understanding of what each plant does. Some plants with the same level of THC gives the user different effects. You might want to check it out.

Marijuana Growing Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,793
    Given: 774
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Black dog I don't know about the blood flow thing. But if your looking for more of a knockout strain to grow. I would recommend a TRUE og cross. They tend to have a punch.
    Of all the things i've lost. I miss my mind the most
    Ozzy Osbourne

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    Warlock, Something like Master Kush? I was watching Weed Wars and they were growing Royal Kush. That tested I think around 23%-24% something like that. I do like kush. Grew SFV OG in 2011, that was good. Don't recall it knocking me out, but it could of been the way I grew it...lol. Will definitely check it though, Thanks.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    I've been looking for a strain that would put my muscles at rest. Jorge just posted a video on cannabis testing and the different chemicals that they are isolating for a better understanding of what each plant does. Some plants with the same level of THC gives the user different effects.
    I must admit a curiosity of mine other than breeding are the properties of pain relief and potential flexibility. I've always been active. I traveled extensively as a child competing and winning many road races. I climbed, camped, and bagged the peaks of many mountain ranges in just a few days time. But shortly after I took up cycling at the age of 13 I got in a terrible accident and have had chronic lower back pain ever since. I was diagnosed with lumbar disc degeneration, I have discs pressuring my nerves and spinal cord. After a few years I was able to pull myself together and head in a new direction, weight training. I got incredibly strong-regularly deadlifting 500lbs. But I later hurt myself when I couldn't loosen up for an exercise and lifted anyways. I haven't been the same since. It can be difficult to take care of myself sometimes but I am still very active. The pain is as much a problem for me as flexibility. I power through the pain and play basketball and lift regularly. But my back is enflamed and stiff much of the time. I've been prescribed many anti inflammatory agents and narcotic pain medications of which none have helped. My hope is cannabis is all it's cracked up to be.

What a great video, http://www.marijuanagrowing.com/show...t-a-Laboratory
    Last edited by Pupil2Prodigy; 05-09-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    A vision without a task is but a dream, a task without a vision is drudgery, a vision and a task is the hope of the world.
    Who said it could not be done and what great victories has he to his credit which qualify him to judge others accurately?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,729
    Given: 1,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    My advice is limber up properly before lifting!

If its what caused it in the first place, then take an extra 30 min to warm up better imo. and press less for longer. This can be good too.

It wont help you if you dont take the correct steps to help yourself in the first place!

Marijuana Growing Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,793
    Given: 774
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    Warlock, Something like Master Kush? I was watching Weed Wars and they were growing Royal Kush. That tested I think around 23%-24% something like that. I do like kush. Grew SFV OG in 2011, that was good. Don't recall it knocking me out, but it could of been the way I grew it...lol. Will definitely check it though, Thanks.
    Master kush is a bit tricky. It can be strong but then it might be weak. But kushs are great. Master is my favorite. But just started some kandi. See if I can grow better then what I've gotten.
    Of all the things i've lost. I miss my mind the most
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by watcha View Post
    If its what caused it in the first place
    My bike accident was violent, the disc damage I incurred took place when I was 13. My gym injury occurred when I was 21, it exacerbated my weakness but was not the root cause. I will continue to exercise however I will not lift to the extreme I have previously! My doctor told me to lift often but never more than my own body weight. Olympic lifting wreaks havoc on joints regardless of athletic prowess. Too often I cannot loosen up. I will not skip exercise because I fear inactivity and age will cripple me.

Quote Originally Posted by watcha View Post
    It wont help you if you dont take the correct steps to help yourself in the first place!
    I know myself to be stubborn but I do not know what else to do. I log cardio and stretch extensively but frequently to no avail.
    Last edited by Pupil2Prodigy; 05-09-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,729
    Given: 1,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Just take it easier my friend.

Sorry, I didnt mean to sound hmm.. so abrupt! Do the excercise, it certainly seems like you enjoy it and are doing it for a purpose too which is commendable!
    Just go slower and easier on yourself, I know you feel sometimes, you may not have the time to do it all properly and slowly but actually being able to flex is a part of what your body can do. If you are not allowing yourself to be able to do this, you wont be able to continue in the future and you will end up being what you are trying to avoid.

I feel for your accident. I cycle a lot, but fortunately even though I am a mad cyclist, I have not yet been in a serious accident (touch wood).

Your gym injury is something that I think with wisdom and knowledge of forethought could possibly have been avoided BUT you were young and indestructible! We have all been there and some are there now!
    The problem is now you are suffering more so for it and so with the wisdom gained from your injury at 21. I would just say, go a bit easier bro. Still do the excercise, you dont need to 'feel the pain' just flow the blood through and pump the blood around nicely.

Cannabis will/may help you through those times when you do feel stiff and immobile, but it doesnt mean you still should go and do the excercise irrespective of the stiffness.. your stiff, your body is saying, give me a rest and excercise this part lightly (I am sure your doc told you all of this too! lol)

much love bud.

MrMediGrow

0 Not allowed!
    i have a question about my humidifer...

when i put my frigidaire 23 humidifier into my room the temperature went from 80-90 but the humidity only dropped 1%

i know i should get a hydrogemeter to test for relative humidity but my question i guess would be "why did the temperature raise but the humidity stay the same" and "is this due to the plants perspiring"

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast