Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    is there any way of recgonizing in a very early stage of the plant wether is male and female? i ask this cause i have 5 plants and they where planted pretty much about the same time,and you know the very first leaves once the seed opens 4 of them are longer and 1 those leafs are rounder and the plant in self i is bigger than the rest, so i´m thinking that 1 is male and the other 4 are females a will take photos of it and post them so you can see , all the best jorge and good crop growing

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Cervantes View Post
    Here is the forum to ask me questions. I will do my best to give quick answers to questions. I'm busy a lot and do not have time to do new research on everything. Many of the questions will also be answered by members and so many questions are answered in my books. Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Hi Jorge, I have an odd strain that is a purple urkle x master kush. I really would like to get a good sucessful yeild for this girl as the stone and medication property's are great however, when I harvest and cure "using the simple hang dry and cure for 60-90 days method" I still get nasty tasting bud's. They are so bad that if it werent for the potency I would just throw it out. I would really like to figure out what is wrong. I have been growing over half my life and this has completely stumped me. I flush as needed and about 5-20 days prior to harvest. I have literally tried everything I can think of. She grows ok however, I did find out that she requires a lot of nutes so I had to double her nutes "water, water, nutes, water water, schedule" I water every 3-5 days in soil. No pest problems. I've tried everything but at this point I think it's just a bad strain. She has a very high yield for a very small plant she's never exceeded 4 feet in height and usually yields around 1.5 oz per harvest per plant dried. I don't want to kill off the strain but I will if there's no solution.

I unfortunately do not have any pic's of her as I only have clones left lol... saving them just in case. The clone's grow fine however, then need cal/mag throughout the season as well as high doses of nitrogen... Also the leaves and buds turn a gnarly purple color. I'm assuming that's part of the genetics's as it is the only strain I have that turns purple like this and the temps are always 72-78 during the day and 65-70 at night. I water mostly with tap water that's been bubbled for 2-3 days before I use it to get the chlorine out. I also run all my water through a "pure" water filter. It drops my ECC down to about 2 or 3 which is why I had to add micro nutes and major nutes every 3 watering. They are only watered when needed IE. I use the lift technique to see if the soil is light or heavy and only water when it is light.

Thank you and everyone else in advance for any advice. I don't want to destroy the strain I just want to figure out what I must be doing wrong if it's not a genetic issue. Oh should note that I got the cross when my PU hermed and pollinated my MK before I could find the herm and remove it. I've planted over 100 seeds of this strain and they all have come out the same exact way. Thank you all for your advice.
    The only way to learn properly is to see it done or be told how to do it...
    My Hydro Grow
    Disclaimer: I personally only grow scientifically engineered Tomato's and other experimental Vegetables that look like cannabis. ;-)

Marijuana Growing Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,793
    Given: 774
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I know its for personal use. So have you tried water curing it yet? That gets rid of a lot of bad tastes in other strains.
    Of all the things i've lost. I miss my mind the most
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,729
    Given: 1,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I know its for personal use. So have you tried water curing it yet? That gets rid of a lot of bad tastes in other strains.
    It does however change the taste dramatically of the original cannabis, however, if done correctly, the taste of nutes can be almost totally removed in about 7days.

(Take note you need to change the water everyday if using this method, otherwise the medicine will end up tasting like wet laundry! )

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    Jorge, I'm growing is potting soil, compost, and top soil mix and added perlite and diatomaceous earth and lime. I have been taking readings of the soil ph and it's between 5.0-5.5. The plants are nice and healthy and don't show any signs of deficiency. My water comes out at 7.5-8.0 and I let it set for a day or two between waterings. I ph the water when I feed but I use the plain water as it is. Does the ph matter as much in soil as it does in hydro? or do you have more room to play with in soil? I read that the ph in the soil should be between 6.5 7.0. I can't get the soil to that but things seem to be alright. I have 2 meters I use. A Kelway and Sunleaves. both show the same basic readings. Should I try and add more lime or leave it the way things are?

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    PH isn't as big a deal as in hydro but it is important. When your testing the soil pH. Are you using a soil meter or a water pen and testing the run off? Soil should be 6.5-6.8. But can go to 6.2-7.2 without much damage. When was the last time you calibrated your meter? Lime at this time could make it to hot for your roots. If everything is checking out right and your still low. I would add some fresh soil and water with 6.8 water.
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    lol Warlock you already know I've tried everything with this strand bro lol... Water curing made it worse... The taste is just horrible it's not from excessive nutrients the last attempt they were only given distilled water for the last 4 weeks and flushed like hell the week before harvest. I think at this point it's just a bad cross breed...
    My Hydro Grow
    Disclaimer: I personally only grow scientifically engineered Tomato's and other experimental Vegetables that look like cannabis. ;-)

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Is the hash and good?
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Is the hash and good?
    I ice hashed the last batch lol... I've got 2 ready for flower so I'm just going to mess around and try different things until I can figure out what the problem is. Although I have a feeling it's just bad genetics's and yes bad genetic's is everyone's excuse I know but I literally have run out of ideas the next flower I'm going to play around with the PH and Nute's... to see if I get any changes...
    My Hydro Grow

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    That's all we can do. And yes there is bad tasting plants.
    Ozzy Osbourne

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast