Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,007
    Given: 9,545
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Transplant deep..

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenVibes View Post
    Is it possible to induce rooting in the Main stem if the seedling has stretched in search of light or has a poor root system? Is this practical? Thanks in advance!
    Hey Welcome to ...here...GreenVibes
    @Tropical is spot on with how easy it is.

I gotta admit I didn't watch the video but pretty sure what it says. I don't scratch or rough up the bark of the seedling hitting the soil for the first time. Watch out for rot around the stalk...moist not wet.

Bury mine up to about an inch below first node. Make sure the soil doesn't have air pockets and if you run into a transplant that is root bound, just unwrap them and headed the right way or you end up root bound but larger scale. Just don't let them go dry or too wet.

Expect to bury a first time seedling right on up to the arm pits.
    066.jpg033.jpg

Keep them Green
    Muk

PS they must have music 24/7 rock N roll works best for me. Louder the better.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Jorge I need the answer from the man himself, should you flush fully organic plants or not? If yes why should it be done? Thanks a lot!!!

Persistent Offender

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caper View Post
    Hey Jorge I need the answer from the man himself, should you flush fully organic plants or not? If yes why should it be done? Thanks a lot!!!
    I am not Jorge, but you might wait a while for him to answer you; he's a busy guy

IMHO it is unnecessary for organic systems. There is no salt buildup, so nothing to flush from the medium. The plant flushes itself by senescence and I have proven this to myself just recently where plants looked deathly yellow by the end of the round, really wanting to die and finished nicely, a week later I put new clones into this same pot as a no-till without re-amending or topdressing anything and the young ones have grown with a fury, not a yellow leaf in sight. No doubt they are gonna want some topdressing at some point soon one would think, but I think nonetheless it is an interesting observation on the question of the true mechanics which cause plants to go all autumnal style. They stop eating when they have finished properly basically, uptake stops, and they soon eat themselves

I guess it also depends on what sort of organics you might be practicing, like anything else it can be overdone and many people will still flush at the end of bottle-fed organic runs, I pushed some plants too hard when I did the bottle organics and didn't flush and things were adversely affected... Not to the point of being not useful anymore, just ya know, I could taste it was a little different eh and it probably would've benefited greatly from some flushing

all just my two cents

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the reply man form what I've been reading and what everyone is arguing about online is what about salt from the kelp meal blood meal compost etc are those salts ok? Some say yes some say no and will even flush a fully organic plant what are your thoughts? Thanks
    Last edited by Caper; 10-29-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,414
    Given: 521
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caper View Post
    I know flushing as a way to get inside the plant nutrients down causing the plant to eat itself diminishing the chlorophyll and such. So yah flush to get as much nutrients as possible not available to the plant if having a smoother smoke is what you want. During drying and curing chlorophyll is broken down but the less the better for some. Also figure if adding molasses cut it out and start flushing at least a couple weeks out to keep the bacteria and roots from sucking it up making more sugars and nutrients in the plant to break down. On and on whatever's and on the other hand......
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Guys!!! Heres my purple widow at day 22 from germination can you check it out if its normal/heatlhy. Is it supposed to be that stocky? Like 1 nod by inch 5 nods total so far.... Its 5" high and 10.5"×10" W. Growing in soil Ph is balanced at 6 6.5 under 300w LED marshydro in a 2x3 tent. In a 3Gal pot, Water schedule is water+calmag/dry/nutes/dry/water+calmag.
    Nutes are the Gobox General Organics.
    18/6 light cycle. Ventilated. No CO2 added but frequent fresh air change. Topped it 2 days ago. Regrowing new tops quickly. Does it look heathly and isn't supposed to be taller at this point?

Capture+_2017-11-01-15-29-33.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-01-15-30-17.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-01-15-30-59.png

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yes you want big stalks and you also look very healthy. Good job.

Keep it green
    Muk

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi there. Huge fan. Im on my first indoor grow, and first grow using nutrients. Is there a rule of thumb to follow when starting my BC Grow and boost? The directions say when root system is strong but i dont know how to measure that. Is there a certain amount of nodes i should have before i start or how many weeks its been since it showed first real leaves?
    Anxious for response. Thanks a million. #keepgrowinhigh

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,987
    Given: 7,079
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlavorJ View Post
    Hi there. Huge fan. Im on my first indoor grow, and first grow using nutrients. Is there a rule of thumb to follow when starting my BC Grow and boost? The directions say when root system is strong but i dont know how to measure that. Is there a certain amount of nodes i should have before i start or how many weeks its been since it showed first real leaves?
    Anxious for response. Thanks a million. #keepgrowinhigh
    ...i'm assuming your talking about seed plants and not clones?

...it would be helpful if you could share some details on your setup and what style of grow you're running and by that i mean are you growing in soil or hydro and if hydro, which style of hydro, plus how big are your pots, how big is your space, what lights are you running, etc., etc., etc., the more info you provide the better chance you'll get useful advice.

...and pictures, post up pictures whenever possible to illustrate, as they say, "a picture is worth 1000 words".

...i personally grow in a 4x4 tent with 8 plants each potted into 2gallon fabric pots with 2 plants to a side, around a 600HPS, barebulb vertical style.

004(1).jpg

001.jpg

user45118_pic490852_1285017421.jpg

105_0004.jpg

105_0005.jpg

...i would recommend that you start a thread of your own where you can share those details i spoke of and where we can respond and offer advice.

...a useful tidbit is that if you want to get someones attention just mention thier username in a posting with an @ sign in front of it, like this, @FlavorJ, when you do this that user will be notified just as they are if they are quoted.

peace, SOG

btw, Jorge owns this forum but he doesn't spend much time here so thats why you got me instead, i'm just steppin' in to handle the light work, lol.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,414
    Given: 521
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by someoldguy View Post
    ...i'm assuming your talking about seed plants and not clones?

peace, SOG

btw, Jorge owns this forum but he doesn't spend much time here so thats why you got me instead, i'm just steppin' in to handle the light work, lol.
    Your grow looks pretty nice. Keep 'em green as dakine says
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930