Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peak harvest for CBD rich strain?

0 Not allowed!
    wondering if anyone knows the peak harvest for CBD rich strains, full milky, amber ... ?? Thank you

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    peak harvest for THC is milky, but by the time the trichromes are milky, other cannabinoids have already developed and altered the composition of cannabinoids. To get high levels of THC and low levels of other cannabinoids it is best to harvest before the trichromes become milky, and this will provide for a more 'soaring' head-high. Peak harvest for CBD is amber, as amber as possible. This will provide for a body stone, but will overall be less potent due to the breakdown of THC into other cannabinoids. Long-term curing also helps the breakdown of THC into developed molecules (not a bad thing at all!!), one of which is CBD.

hope this helped!!

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeemofree View Post
    The THC is breaking down into CBN. You should harvest as any other plant, if you harvest too late the CBD will also break down Into something else. Be mindful of what CBD is, CBN is what you don't want usually.
    From what I've learned, you need to harvest to what canabinoids you want in your medicine. ie: Thc just turning milky to all milky; cbd 25% amber to 50% amber. The percentages could vary with different strains but cbd takes longer to develop than thc so it's hard to impossible to get the best of each out of the same plant. Your window of harvest is a lot more forgiving for cbd than thc. If you want maximum cbd you will sacrifice thc because it will degrade into cbn if harvested when tricombs are amber. The more amber the more cbn and less thc. If you want medicine with potent thc and cbd then I would suggest that you grow a high cbd strain like AC-DC 19:1 or Valentine X 25:1 along with a high thc 18+:1 strain. Harvest, dry, and cure each to their pheno type then blend them together for your medicine. I'm not saying this is what you should do but it is a starting point for you to figure out how to get your best medicine.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    impressive answers , interesting

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,049
    Given: 3,367
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    From what I've read it depends on the strain/breeder suggestion. What I mean by that some have test showing more CBD if pulled say at 8 weeks than at 10. I can't remember at this time where I read it, however if I find it again I'll try to post a link. I try to read as much as possible on anything CBD.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 175
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I went searching the site and found this. Anybody elses input is grestly appreciated as I am running CBDs this year as well and have heard conflicting reports across the board. Some say to harvest early. Saying that CBD peaks before THC. So harvest early (before pistils are 50% turned). Now I am reading around the web and I am seeing posts about letting it go to amber trichs. Allowing the THC to degrade. The package I have says 7 weeks. 20170724_113845.jpg
    More flaming skulls......jee-wiz
    20170724_113950.jpg
    Pack says 7 weeks. All the genetics when I researched them are completely sativa dominant, which usually finish late. Or flower longer. 7 weeks seems short for all the sativa it has in it. These females have 8" nodes! So I am hoping any of yall got some input or even your opinion. When do you think the right time to harvest CBDs is?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 23
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Check out this link, it has good information on when thc and other cannabinoids develop http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijua...nd-harvesting/

I'm currently flowering a cbd rich strain from cannabisfamilyseeds.org the strain is called ternderheart
    Here are some pics Attachment 105486Attachment 105487

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 23
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    "CBD acid is the precursor to the THC acids, and, although CBD is only mildly psychoactive by itself, it may act with THC to modify the psychoactive effect of the THC in a sedative way. CBC is also mildly psychoactive and may interact synergistically with THC to alter the psychoactive effect (Turner et al. 1975). Indeed, CBD may suppress the effect of THC and CBC may potentiate the effect of THC, although this has not yet been proven. All of the reactions along the cannabinoid biosynthetic pathway are enzyme-controlled but are affected by environmental conditions."

There's also mention of uv light playing a role in converting cbd into thc, therefore indoors might be the way to go and an earlier rather than later harvest is optimal.