Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: spider mites

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 91
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spider mites

0 Not allowed!
    ive been growing for two decades outdoors and 6 years inside and never had a problem.i broke a rule ive read about here and that is I had a friend give me two clones and dumb me took them in.now for the first time ever I have mites.ive read dozens of ways to treat them and im just wondering what is the best way to get rid of them and keep them away.i dusted them with mite powder and rinsed them off the next day now I ordered mite spray from growers trust and im going to spot spray them to further treat them.is my grow room contaminated for ever? should have a section on just mites here because it seems to be a big problem among indoor grows. thanks for any help

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 294
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The only thing I ever use is rosemary oil based pesticides. Go ahead and read up, heres a previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Anau Jiram View Post
    In regards to the 2 spotted mite that is so well known here in California, as both I and Grassdaddy can atest, I believe there is nothing more useful than rosemary oil based insecticide which is easy to make at home, I throw in cloves and garlic just incase, and a surfactant,I apply it at the first sign of spotting and follow it up with 4-5 subsequent applications over the course of 3-4 days. It seems to dry fairly quickly as a completely drenched plant is dry in 1.5 hours or less which is such a great thing during sunny applications as described above, it seems within logical bounds that no matter how much you use you don't see signs of leaf burn or irritation.. seems inert, and makes my vegging plants take on an interesting fragrance. Can be applied on flowering plants.
    and heres the research......

HIGHLIGHTS
    Brought to you by,
    Anau Jiram

" Laboratory bioassay results indicated that pure rosemary oil and EcoTrol ™
    (a rosemary oil-based pesticide) caused complete mortality of spider mites and whiteflies
    at concentrations that are not phytotoxic to the host plant. The predatory mite,
    Phytoseiuluspersimilis, is less susceptible to rosemary oil and EcoTrol™ than twospotted
    spider mites both in the laboratory and the greenhouse."1

"*EcoTrol ™ is safe to tomato foliage,
    *flowers and fruits even at double the recommended label rate.
    *A greenhouse trial indicated that a single application of EcoTrol ™ at its
    *recommended label rate could reduce a twospotted spider mite population by 52%. At
    *that rate, EcoTrol™ did not cause any mortality among predatory mites Phytoseiulus
    *persimilis nor did it affect their eggs."1

" Octopamine is a neurotransmitter
    that regulates movement, heart rate, behavior, and
    metabolism in mites and insects. The active ingredient in
    ECOTROL prevents the transmission of octopamine
    signals by the blockage of their receptor sites. This blockage
    leads to characteristic signs of toxicity, such as excitation
    and/or knockdown, followed by death.
    ECOTROL is formulated to deliver maximum
    performance with minimal environmental impact.
    The active ingredient of ECOTROL is rosemary oil. "2

1https://circle.ubc.ca/handle/2429/17565
    2http://www.cpsagu.com/Files/Regions/...%204-10-03.pdf

.And on the topic of broad mites, Well i really don't have anything to say, I cant beat this article, more about that right here in EXAMINING BROAD MITES, best source ive found on the subject.
    http://pogenetics.com/?page_id=389

Phew cleaned that post up nicely ...
    And theres no better way to end than a laugh,
    And
    "Take Luck."

Minipops

0 Not allowed!
    Throw all your plants away. Remove all vegetation from your room. Leave room for 3 or 4 weeks. Then clean and sterilize and start from seed.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Somewhere in the Selkirk Mountains of Washington
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 559
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spider mites

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minipops View Post
    Throw all your plants away. Remove all vegetation from your room. Leave room for 3 or 4 weeks. Then clean and sterilize and start from seed.
    Now THAT is some funny sh!t!

stk

Minipops

0 Not allowed!
    Haha, it certainly was said "tongue & cheek", but there's also a hint of truth in it as well. Ive never seen a mite infestation eradicated. Fight as you mite

Marijuana Growing Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,227
    Given: 511
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Mighty wash. Used every 3 days for 2 weeks and you should be good just spray every 14days after ot be safe. When flowering is done bleach room. You will be good. And yes I've eradicated them in early flower. But late flower there is to many places to hide. I spray once a month. Anyways. Mites are bad in this area so it hard not to take them in a room with you
    Of all the things i've lost. I miss my mind the most
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Warlock's got it. Mighty wash is the best thing I've ever used for spider mites. Kills the little bastards and their eggs, too. I caught my problem early, and got total eradication within 2 treatments.

For a serious infestation (obvious webbage or "tenting"), purging, sterilizing and starting from seeds is the only sure-fire way that I know of.

Don't take plants from outsiders! If you just can't help yourself, make sure that you quarantine the newcomers until you're positive that they're healthy and "passenger-free".

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    My main complaint with mighty wash is that they wern't upfront with what their active ingredients are. Maybe i missed something but even on the MSDS sheet i couldn't find any mentions of percentages or components, Just a massive dump of related yet irrelevant information like fammability, and its boiling temperature, which is pretty close to water and storing info, and why it is totally safe to use which I don't dispute. I suspect it is rosemary based. I have an ample supple of rosemary shrubs around my house from which i create my own solution.

With a specific density of 0.9927 Its very likely mighty wash is a water solution with a low percentage of inactive ingredients and ofcourse a large fraction of a percent of active ingredient like almost any typical chemical( specifically Cyhalothrin) or organic( Im thinking neem oil, although im not sure, maybe neem based products are higher in concentration to be effective) insecticide/pesticide soaps. More evidense for the notion that your mainly buying overpriced water is the fact that mighty wash is not meant to be diluted but used straight outta the bottle. Your thoughts? Im really just interested in what their active ingredients are... it should say on the bottle if you have one? Then I could better evaluate the benefits of mighty wash.
    Last edited by Anau Jiram; 09-15-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ive done some more research and at this point i feel confident in making this suggestion, stop drinking the KOOL AID. Blending the the greens from defoliated sprigs of rosemary with a few drops of soap and water is all you need. The rosemary contains the octopamine. Thats hard science, as opposed to what i found on mightywash.... they have a little logo implying the the water somehow has a frequency.

"so apparently there is a machine that make the water have a frequency like a frequency generator the guy at the local hydro store said that someone in southern oregon has one and is making mightywash for their own personal use. for bug control and for nutrient uptake...rumor is the machine costs above 10k...this is all i know. and having personally used mighty wash for RA and mites, i can say it does work and its just a mater of time before someone else figures it out and markets it also and the price drops. anyone in college got a chemistry or physics professor they can ask how to do this. seems interesting...been googling with not much luck."

heres another quote from someone else not even associated with the brand, this proves there is little information on mighty wash that isnt misinformation.

"So I did some reading about Rife technology - purportedly a great scientist who created a telescope which made live microscopic viruses observable due to inference with the subjects resonate wavelengths and that of prisms he focused on them under examination - who then went on to figure out what resonances would kill major diseases like cancer, etc, with a water flush and resonate frequency treatment - before being alienated and abated from his fellow professionals for the implications these cures would have on medical industries...

Anyways, its made in oregon. Has .156 er so "inert ingredients" and is called frequency adjusted water... so... whats that all about-

Does the Mighty Wash and the PM wash hold different frequencies to attack either mites or powder mildew? Are the inert ingredients different to hold different charges or (lol) whatever!?

It is a fun idea - the whole story of Rife is riddled with great societal and capital implications and the horrors of technological paralysis and population controls - and though I have not done a bunch of research - some people are claiming this stuff works real good in eliminating all stages of mites - so -

If there is anyone who cares to enlighten this matter for me I would be deeply appreciative - and as I do so for myself I will return with more as long as someone cares to hear it - Language of the gods?

“To accept or reject a new idea without investigation is the height of ignorance.”

BTW I am testing both the PM and the Mighty presently"

The more i read the worse it looks for this company and their products. They are really stringing a lot of people along....

"i heard that only one person is allowed to run the machine. they wont employ anyone to run it. its kept in a locked room and it is a resonate frequency generator. The owner of the company is the only one allowed in the room with the machine.

the oil is either cannola or pyrethum oils. the owners also are partners with in and out gardens in medford or. i asked them for RA treatment and they said to use a flush afterwords to wash the oil off the roots. i heard safer insectidal soap works great for this. i did a water flush with some sm90 and was fine. it runs about 60-75$ for 5 Gal.
    well worth it if you have any bug.
    have not tried it with thrips, but if i ever get them i will try this first.

it worked great for RA would highly recomend it as dunk or drench for RAs. it doesnt work like a chemical or fungus, it shocks them with electric charge in the water."

"So, update: It's got pyrethrin or pyrethrum in it. Was in Medford and asked for a sample from the store that's suppose to be associated with the manufacturer (In and Out). The guy told me it has "less than a percentage, like a 1/10th" of pyrethrum. Didn't quite catch if he said "pyrethrin" (the synthetic version) or "pyrethrum" (the natural one) but either way they are lying on the label and breaking the law by selling an unregistered and unlabeled pesticide product.

Fuck these cowboys, I'm reporting their asses to the regulators. Who knows what's in the shit, you've got people thinking it's water spraying it on nearly finished buds without any protective gear. It's not fucking magic, they are selling unlabeled chemicals and lying to our faces about it. I was OK with ripping people off and selling water for $50 a gallon, caveat emptor right? But this is beyond the pale. "

"Apparently this comes from the rep of the company... the frequency enhanced water somehow makes the plant metabolize better than normal water, making the plant healthier than it would have been otherwise, increasing the plants natural ability to defend off pests such as mold & mites... that the products don't directly kill anything. This is what a store manager at a shop told me... said it came directly from the reps mouth."

ANYONE CALL BULLSHIT? If this machines so great, why not patent it, and use it for the 10,000, more useful medical and scientific applications that would turn the head of the mightywash company from a salesmen to billionaire.

I think ill go with my free, homemade, chemical weapons. It has been getting the results i want quickly..
    Last edited by Anau Jiram; 09-15-2013 at 06:05 PM.

TentGrower101

0 Not allowed!
    Well I have spider mites on my vegg. Must have gottin it from the pot. I wash then, but some get forgottin I geuss. Well I am in vegg and I will use Neem oil. I have 3 Querkle and 6 Strawberry Kush, no I will not throw them away. I will spray them twice a day for a week. Every day I take the plants out spray them with a 1 gallon pump sprayer. I douse them till there laden with Neem, soap , and water. I have to take clones in 2 weeks, so now I am serious.

Now if ur in flower ur screwed, but u can use H2O2, and that is about it. The best way to fight them in flower is to pull infected leaves. Just start pluckin the leaves that look the most infected. One problem I notice is people use hand sprayers. U need a sprayer with a wand on it so u can get under the leaves.

I have heard wonders from mighty wash, but once again, application under the leaf is most important.

Today I watered and treated my vegg, my flower 6 weeks in does NOT have spider mites, I just got rid of Gnats. When I watered, I cleaned all drip trays, vacuumed my tent out then bleached it.

It just depends on what stage ur in?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast