Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,729
    Given: 1,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

S Skunk/Skywalker is Watcha Lookinat.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, this was started about a week ago. The clones took an age to root as I had them in a high humidity propagator which meant they didnt need to grow roots. Soon as I let the cubes dry out a little, the roots grew, and hey presto, off they went.
    As soon as the roots showed through the cubes, they got transplanted into rockwool for a week and then put into the NFT once roots were showing through the rockwool too. A little soil was put in with the rockwool (a pinch or three, literally!) to help with the transplant process.

S Skunk Skywalker 1 31082013.jpg

I have been training them a little by bending them over each day to help reduce the height. The SCROG was installed yesterday after the plants were almost all topped. I have one more to top off. I am going to try to train all the branches and top them if required to keep them low until the plants stop stretching.

Skywalkers on the right and Super Skunk on the left. Lets see how many mishaps I get this time! muahahhaha!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    happy start!

have fun watcha

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    happy growing watcha go ham on the yield as always
    give a man a bud and he smokes for a day, teach a man to grow he smoke for life

current grow running http://www.marijuanagrowing.com/show...-strikes-again!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Somewhere in the Selkirk Mountains of Washington
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'll be watching, Watcha... your work is beautiful!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Soon is harvest time

0 Not allowed!
    Its been a long time since I have been here guys. Very nice to see activity etc. So here is what has been going on since my lack of updating this journal.

The plants for this grow did everything as usual. Once into flower, I found they started to stretch too much again.
    This problem occurs because of the fact that the plants are running out of root space as there are two plants to each row (except one). The solution to this was to twist the tubes round a little to increase the depth of water that was in the grow tubes. This sorted the problem out but the Skywalkers struggled after this point. No worries, they are growing and budding. So mostly, the grow will be focused on the Super Skunk part of this grow.
    Note: one of the first things that shows up when this problem occurs is you will see definite Mg issues. Anyway,moving on

Day 63

10-20 days to go for harvest.

I will show you the pics of all the plants as its easier and you can see what has happened.
    The Skywalker side
    Skywalker 5Nov13_01.jpg
    Skywalker buds
    Skywalker bud i 5Nov13_01.jpg

Here you can see the result of the root fight that has screwed my plants
    Skywalker bud ii 5Nov13_01.jpg

The Super Skunk side
    S Skunk 5Nov13_01.jpg

Super Skunk buds

SS Bud i 5Nov13_01.jpg

Cont
    Last edited by watcha; 11-05-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Cont

SS Bud ii 5Nov13_01.jpg

As you can see the Super Skunk have recovered very nicely with the adjustments and the Skywalkers, not quite so well.

A Close up
    SS Bud i 5Nov13_01.jpg

Hope you like the pics.

I have a Northern Lights grow going on now. The ladies are in the flower room for a week or two of vegging before they will be flowered. It took quite a while to root them and I also lost one clone during the process. The reason for this was that it was just too small a cutting!

Recommended MINIMUM size for a cutting to be 3" long along the stem!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 825
    Given: 2,237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Man... I only WISH my Skywalkers looked as "bad" as yours do watcha!! :-)

I'm having issues again, and when I saw this thread, my first thought was YES!! I'm not the only one!! WRONG....!! :-)

My issues are ISSUES and yours seem more like "Well, my Skunk looks SUPER fantastic whereas my Skywalkers only look fantastic..."

I sure hope I get better at this shit~ I hope my other strains are more tolerant of my shortcomings too!!

Quote Originally Posted by watcha View Post
    Its been a long time since I have been here guys. Very nice to see activity etc. So here is what has been going on since my lack of updating this journal.

The plants for this grow did everything as usual. Once into flower, I found they started to stretch too much again.
    This problem occurs because of the fact that the plants are running out of root space as there are two plants to each row (except one). The solution to this was to twist the tubes round a little to increase the depth of water that was in the grow tubes. This sorted the problem out but the Skywalkers struggled after this point. No worries, they are growing and budding. So mostly, the grow will be focused on the Super Skunk part of this grow.
    Note: one of the first things that shows up when this problem occurs is you will see definite Mg issues. Anyway,moving on

Day 63

10-20 days to go for harvest.

I will show you the pics of all the plants as its easier and you can see what has happened.
    The Skywalker side
    Skywalker 5Nov13_01.jpg
    Skywalker buds
    Skywalker bud i 5Nov13_01.jpg

Here you can see the result of the root fight that has screwed my plants
    Skywalker bud ii 5Nov13_01.jpg

The Super Skunk side
    S Skunk 5Nov13_01.jpg

Super Skunk buds

SS Bud i 5Nov13_01.jpg

Cont

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, the Skywalkers are not very 'robust' when it comes to factoring in parameters that are outside its comfort zone.

I would say that this plant is one variety that should be grown by one with reasonable experience. The fact that my mother plant was stressed for a lot of its life may have had a cause too.

My Skywalker mother has now been chopped as she was struggling and I will grow Amnesia, Northern Lights and Super Skunk for a few grows.

My Skywalkers may look nice, but they have no odour and the buds have very few sugar leaves. My lack of enthusiasm for this part of the grow is well founded!

All future grows will have a single plant per row. I am also expecting an increase in yield too! Lets see what happens on the NL grow I have going now.
    Last edited by watcha; 11-05-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 825
    Given: 2,237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Funny you should say that, because I feel the same way about my Skywalker (regarding the original being stressed). I've always had some reservations about this plant, in that it has always exhibited strange characteristics such as 3 fingered or even numbered fan leaves, curled or misshapen leaves, etc. And this grow I am not getting the scent that I got from my first grow either!! I know it's early, but my first one gave off a much better smell. I think this grow is also affected by having 3 plants in the same space I had 1 before. Plus they vegged for over 5 months!!! Bad upon bad upon bad.

If you look at the pics of my small seedlings, they are both formed so perfectly! They have a ton of SEVEN fingered fan leaves already, and I believe 9's are already starting to come out!! So perfectly symmetrical too, & with thick, strong stems. I don't think I could even LST them at this point because the main stems are too big around to try to bend!

Quote Originally Posted by watcha View Post
    Yeah, the Skywalkers are not very 'robust' when it comes to factoring in parameters that are outside its comfort zone.

I would say that this plant is one variety that should be grown by one with reasonable experience. The fact that my mother plant was stressed for a lot of its life may have had a cause too.

My Skywalker mother has now been chopped as she was struggling and I will grow Amnesia, Northern Lights and Super Skunk for a few grows.

My Skywalkers may look nice, but they have no odour and the buds have very few sugar leaves. My lack of enthusiasm for this part of the grow is well founded!

All future grows will have a single plant per row. I am also expecting an increase in yield too! Lets see what happens on the NL grow I have going now.

MrGreeeeeeeeeen

0 Not allowed!
    Didn't even know about this gem

Looking good! There's pistils EVERYWHERE!
    How do you feel about the super skunk?!

Bless

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast