Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 29
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should i harvest now??

0 Not allowed!
    i was going to wait week or 2 more but im in cali and it says it will rain this weekend so im thinking i should give it a go on the harvest before the rainy weather or does the rain wont hurt my buds??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 368
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @DBoii
    Yes rain will ruin your buds. The denseness of the buds absorb moisture and cant really dry out fast enough and mold (rot) starts and destroys your buds. Just pull her under a patio cover or indoors. Its not supposed to rain that long.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    was going to give it a few weeks but i seen my weather app that was going to rain this weekend so i thought about harvesting sometime tomorrow u think it they would be alright if i just harvest them??

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @DBoii
    Theres a couple ideas at work that could coerce you to choose either.
    1) you stated in another post your pistils staryed about Feb 22nd. Meaning you habe about 2 more weeks of flowering left. The last 2 weeks is when buds really fatten up. So harvesting now will short you on so much needed "fattening" up to increase your yield. When buds are cut and driwd you will be left with a fraction if what you hung up. Larfy buds all but shrivel up and disappear and fat colas condense and tighten up. Buds shrink to 3/4 their harvest appearance. (Subjective B.S. to get my point across) buds really shrink when dried and cured. If you THINK you have an 1/8 of wet bud...its probably a fat couple o' grams when its dried. ....Oz. ...3/4 oz. ...

That being said

2) You are talking about revegging that plant. And If that is you ultimate goal, and you dont want new seeds or clones...then yeah harvest. You wont be left with as much bud as you COULD get, but harvesting now will allow a better jump on revegging cuz she gonna need all she can get. She will need the whole season.

LET ME ADD...the reveg i did outside had like...ZERO...foliage left after i chopped her. Seriously, 2 tiny leaves. So it wasn't hard for the plant to make NEW (non bud) leaves. I wonder if you leave too much larf on, will it have a harder time revegging. My assumption would be to NOT disturb and growing shoots, as i think this would force the plant to work on repairing valuable bud site/growing shoots. I woupd love to hear someone else's opinion.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Patient puffer went ahead nd harvested it tday since i wanted to get her started on the revegging and yeah it looks like maybe an Oz not much on nugs but since i want it start on revegg it already i shuldn mind to much

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @DBoii
    Party on Wayne!