Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like cabbage?

0 Not allowed!
    What am I doing wrong?!? I have 1 plant out of 6 that looks right.. I’ve got them on 24/0. I’m including pics of 3 of my plants. They are on day 14. One of the ‘cabbages’ is really small. The other is growing great! And I’m also including a picture of my normal looking one. I thought I was growing some auto flowering strain that my friend forgot the name of. I’m new to all this. Have grown 4 plants fromseed to harvest but this is my first time using led lights and a tent

https://ibb.co/dozCjR

https://ibb.co/bN6Q4R

https://ibb.co/mxsXjR

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 280
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Darkestdays
    I concur. You are experiencing difficulties of some sort. I have seen odd mutations express themselves from some of my older and improperly stored seeds. But aside from the personal experince, i wonder what your growing medium is. Is it properly pH'd? Have you fed any nutes yet? Whats your water's pH?

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I used a mixture of good quality soil from a nursery, worm castings, vermiculite, and a rooting hormone (can tell you what kind when I get home) no clue what the ph is :/ the water ph is 6. All plants have the same medium and get the same water and lighting. No nutes yet. Don’t even know what nutes to get and when to start using them. Any suggestions on what and when would be appreciated. Last plants I grew out of dirt from the yard and gave them tap water and coffee grounds. I had them under a cheapo grow light from a nursery. It took around 6-8 months for them to grow from seed to harvest.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,472
    Given: 3,579
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    hey darkestdays why in gods green earth would you put rooting hormone on seeds??? the nursery soil is ok worm shit ok vermiculite ok perlite ok I would not get upset about ph shit unless you live in the city.try a little Epsom salt ,how big is your tent what kind of light for 12|12 t5 is good veg light be calm and love your girls luck p.p.p p.s worm shit is nutes
    YOU MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 280
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Darkestdays
    I echo what @markapple so eloquently stated. The use of rooting hormone on seeds isnt necessarily the best thing to do. I only use that stuff to aid in my taking clones from a mother plant i may have. When i DO use that stuff on the clones it makes their foliage go bonkers. They start distorting a tad bit. This might be what you are experiencing.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,044
    Given: 7,146
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...i'm thinking at least part of your problem is tiny seedlings in pots much too large, in this situation you risk over watering symptoms which can express in several ways.

...if it were me i'd repot into much smaller containers, when growing in soil you need to up-pot in incremental steps allowing roots to fully colonize the pot before going up to the next larger size.

...the exception to this approach would be autos, if you are growing autos you want to start your seeds in the pot you plan to flower in but you need to go really easy with watering until the roots fill the pot.

...although i'd never recommend growing autos.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    They are autos. I have always read that transplanting wasn’t good for the seedlings. What are the downsides of planting autos? These are my first autos. I have white widow, diesel, skunk and 2 seeds that are from a bag (not autos) growing and like I said all of them look like cabbage except the one. You would be amazed at how big they are getting and how thick their stems are! It’s crazy.. one of them looks like something The Who’s in whoville would grow. I’ll take some updated pictures later. They are finally starting to get leaves that look normalish.. I used the root hormone because I figured stronger roots couldn’t possibly hurt them. I just don’t understand why 1 plant with the exact same growing conditions as all the others actually looks normal :/

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 371
    Given: 55
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'd say just see what they do. If it's a genetic anomaly, it will continue to express itself on the new growth. Hopefully, it is just some weirdness from the rooting hormone and won't cause any permanent problems.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 559
    Given: 645
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Autos do not like to be repotted very much but if you start an auto seed in a small tall container about 3 inch diameter and 6 inches tall you can get await with one transplant into it's final pot.

I like the autos just as much as I like the regulars and they autos have improved dramatically over the past few years. It just depends on what you are looking for.

If you can scoop those plants out without disturbing the roots and put them into some new soil you should be fine. Wait until they are a little bigger.
    ~Greenlady~