Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,042
    Given: 7,140
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropical View Post
    Ozone of ozone generators degrades/eats up rubber and some other things. Well lungs and skin is one of the things it damages but it does get rid of germs and smell. It eats away the potency too. So if you aren't planning to be inside the generators room and can air it out for awhile before entering after its been filling the room then whatever's. Then fans of generator if it has one and carbon filters fan could be a big giveaway especially during low noise periods.

Seen a guys video where he turned a plastic storage tub or footlocker into a drying area with fan in it to keep circulation going. He had trays layered inside with a small computer type fan going. Good luck.
    ...something like this? ...this first shot shows me holding up a cola and the blue bin where you can see a pc fan mounted near the bottom.

PICT0041.jpg

...this next shot shows my growbro standing next to a stack of racks ready to go into the bin.

PICT0042.jpg

...this next shot shows the top of the bin where you can see some of the intake holes.

PICT0029.jpg

...and here are a couple other shots to fill in the picture, as it were.

PICT0028.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

...my bro and i met in the real through the forums over ten years ago so we both have learned much from the other and in the beginning we both DIYed almost everything out of necessity, he still likes to DIY shit but i prefer store bought now that i have the budget for it.

...for example, working with that bin can be a pain, plus it ain't cheap to set up, those racks are marketed as cooling racks for baked goods and the cost adds up.

...that's not to say it wouldn't be cheaper than my tent setup but cost shouldn't be the first priority when it comes to security. ...and the tent makes this chore easy peasy.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 559
    Given: 643
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I am able to dry in one of my bathrooms. No one else goes in there. I leave the exhaust fan running 24/7 for the time I am drying and I keep the weed inside of the cabinet so it doesn't get the humidity for the few minutes I am in the shower. It vents to the outside. It does smell outside for a few days, but I live in the boonies, thankfully, and no one is really around. If I had to I could put a carbon scrubber on it, but I plan to add a carbon scrubbed to vent to the outside in my grow room eventually, so I won't bother modifying my bathroom.
    ~Greenlady~

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Wow great thread I went and purchased this as well. https://www.banggood.com/20g-Ozone-G...?rmmds=myorder so I can start disinfecting my rooms before equipement arrives. My question would be is it ok to run this outside the tent in the locked room? I think the ozone may seep into the tent through the passive intakes and kill or mess up bud quality. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by someoldguy View Post
    Attachment 107072

...i would say too that if you have access to a grow shop and you have the budget for it there are commercial versions of the device now available.

...i would also say that if you have the budget then also adding an ozone generator will be worth the money.

...the tent and scrubber is meant to remove odiferous molecules by sucking them through the scrubber, the ozone generator is also meant to 'remove' those molecules but not by capturing them in a scrubber, instead the ozone generated into your atmosphere attachs to those molecules and they then fall to the floor.

...the DIY device on the other hand is meant to mask the smells, not remove them.

...be very careful with your security, nobody cares as much about your freedom as you do so remember rule number one, keep your mouth shut or you become your greatest threat.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,042
    Given: 7,140
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...i have never used an ozone generator so i can't really say how it might affect your plants.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I guess it's mad scientist time for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by someoldguy View Post
    ...i have never used an ozone generator so i can't really say how it might affect your plants.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,444
    Given: 545
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Gomes View Post
    I guess it's mad scientist time for me lol

Remember ozone is an oxidizer that corrodes and rusts things faster. Natural rubber and things containing it degrade faster exposed to O3 ozone. You can let a closed room sit with the thing off for a few hours for the O3 to degrade. It can damage lungs and sinuses since it acts kind of like a bleach interaction eating/degrading/breaking down what it comes in contact with.

An ozone generator will do a good job of killing unwanted molds and such. Flood repair guys normally expose all molded areas then leave an ozone generator running in the room for a few days to kill all the molds. Again the stuff isn't the thing to be breathing.

For off the wall you could feed a dog eggs and not scoop his poop up as often to cover the smell Okay I'm gone.

You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12