Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My White Widow Needs Help

0 Not allowed!
    This is my first grow so I'm struggling to work out what I'm doing wrong, this is a green house seeds white widow auto plant, 4 weeks old, under a mars 300 led, growing in a mix of coco and perlite. The leaves all seem to burn on the tips and then gradually the leaf completely dies. Living in a hot area, the temp has gotten to around 31 on a few days of the grow, which I know doesn't help, but I'm worried that the burning is due to a nutrient defficiency or something? Ive been feeding her Canna Coco A and B with water ph'd to 5.8. Can anyone help me out? I'm worried that all the leaves are going to continue to burn leaving me with no plant!
    IMG_0905.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,015
    Given: 7,112
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...if you can take a few pics under normal light, and take some of the entire plant as well as a few of individual leaves, it will make it much easier to offer useful suggestions.

...off the cuff i'd say it's possible your over feeding which often causes burnt leaf tips, but that's just a guess, i can't really say more based on that single picture.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 634
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Are the burned tip all on the lower/outer leaves~ what about the very top``` Good luck & welcome```

seth

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    You can see in the photo of the older leaves how they eventually shrivel up to nothing.
    IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0911.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Well~ SOG ~ maybe hit the nail on the head```

Don't know if this is your solo plant~ or if you've more~ but```

I might just~ if it be me~ scoop out the outer 1" of soil~ from top to bottom~ and refill with fresh soil that is devoid of foods~ I'd do this~ if it be me~ 1/3 the way around~ at a time``` Maybe more than an inch~ if it be over feeding~ I'd bet the roots are not large~ and mostly straight down```

Others might~ rather wash out the soil by~ watering through~ let's see what comments are next```

What you think Old guy```

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 221
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @sethrak and @someoldguy are giving sound advice. It was my assumption as well. I didnt plan on being the first to mention it. I have done this in containers and ended up flushing to get back to square one. I freak out over disturbing these plants.......I have seen them spring back from and survive the impossible. So my fear is unfounded. but I would flush, given the tips are burnt, showing high nutes. @Jesserm1

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    might be russet mites, check for it

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,015
    Given: 7,112
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noyze View Post
    might be russet mites, check for it
    ...extremely unlikely that a noob growing his first plants will have russet mites and suggesting it could send said noob on a very stressful wild goose chase.

...it's much more likely over ferting coupled with too small a plant in too large a container which can cause symptoms of over watering.

...with a plant that size you could find a smaller container, then pop the plant out of it's current pot, then gently dip the rootball in a bucket of room temperature water slowly rinsing the soil from the roots, then pot into the new container with fresh organic soil.

...this can be pretty stressful to a young plant so expect a week maybe before you see the plant recover, do not feed ANY nutrient into this pot as the plant should need an up-pot within a few weeks so there will be plenty of food to sustain the plant until that up-pot.

SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Kinda yes ~ kinda not~ I think upper/top leaves browning~yes~ lower leaves~ no~ I duna know```