Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Lovely girls need your help

0 Not allowed!
    Hello growers!

I have not post on this forum for a while.

So I grow 2 strains:
    1. Jack herer (fem)
    2. Blueberry (fem)

They both are in week 2 of flowering and already started to show pistils.
    Grow Conditions:

Growlight: Viperspectra 450W
    Temp/Hum: 28/45
    Growing medium: Soil
    Nutrients: GH flora trio

1. Jack herer
    Before switching to flowering Jack herer had some nitrogen toxicity and also some problems with PH, it was more than 8.0
    So before flowering I flushed her and corrected PH. I want to show the photos and would be glad to hear your opinions, If she is going well.
    The damaged leaves stayed on same condition, older lower leaves are droopy and curling.
    IMG_20180104_155255.jpg
    IMG_20180104_155153.jpg
    IMG_20180104_155042.jpg

2. Blueberry
    Before switch to 12/12 Blueberry does not had any problems and looked healthy, But I checked PH which was 8.0, So I flushed her also and corrected PH.
    Week 1 was going ok for her, but few days ago she strated to show some deficiencies, mainly on lower leaves and few red spots on newest leaves.
    Overvall plant looks healthy.
    Can the incorrect PH which was more than week ago affect leaves now?
    IMG_20180104_154526.jpg
    IMG_20180104_154620.jpg

Thanks in advance and yappy new year to everyone!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 35
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm new to giving advice but in case nobody else responds I'll give my opinion.
    Yes. I view current symptoms as what was happening a week or two in the past. Once you have diagnosed the problem and taken action you can't use the old leaves as indicators as to what is happening now, they never fully recover. I trim damaged leaves so I can determine the current status by the new growth.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about" credit Jimmy Buffett

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 364
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Zaxar
    I agree with @graygrower. New growth is what you should be looking at. I have a question. Is that a towel wrapped around your soil? Smart pot? Is your soil drying out adequately between waterings. I have seen the "mottled" growth, displayed by your Jack Herer, be due to root bound issues, but if those towels allow the air to pass through, the roots are "air pruned" and they are not root bound. Like you said pH is/was your issue. That can lock out major nutes. The blueberry looks good judging by The new growth.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for your replies!

Yes this is towel. And inside the towel there is plastic transparent pot, I tried to be creative at the beginning and made a slelf made smart pot )

anyway I will cut old leaves to determine if something is happaning now.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 364
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Zaxar
    That could be your problem on the Jack Herer, as a plastic pot will not act like a smart pot. A plastic pot allows the plants roots to encircle itself within the pot and slowly choke itself. How many gallons do you suppose the pot is? As I have read around the web and various sites I have heard the consensus to be about 1 gallon for every month of growth. As well as approximately 1 gallon for every vertical foot of growth. So ideally what I do is grow a plant in a 3 gallon pot. I veg it until it's about 1 1/2 foot tall, or about 1 month, and flip to 12/12 and flower for 2 months. It stops at about 2-3 feet tall (strain dependant). Growing like this I have YET to see signs of root bound, which can manifest itself in a myriad of ways making you think nutes or pH is off. If I allow a plant to go over 3 month in a 3 gallon pot, is when I start to see the plant display issues

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,453
    Given: 555
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    It's figured the pot should be as wide as the plant for room for roots. Seen a guy on here that put holes in his pot to try to get the roots to air prune. I think one good part of larger pots is if a root problem or bugs take hold there isn't such a fast start of the end of the plant. Good thing is if transplanting the roots would probably hold all of the dirt together. Bad thing is transplanting during flowering slows the plant and could cause shock. Plant would start putting energy into root growth so good luck with what you are doing.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    please explain your containers.your blueberry needs a good fertilizing,but I,m concerned about the drainage.why is the ph8 inthis situation.soil ph meters are in reliable.if this is your ph level this toxic,and it show with the jack.looks like a nutrient lockout.in the jacks stage of growth ,your yield will be diminished but you save it..flush with ,with no plastic or towels,plain water.let dry somewhat.mix a micronutrient fertilizer that has some sulfur.water well,then continue with your regimene.dont overwater...good luck

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 501
    Given: 92
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Magnesium, calcium, molybdenum, phosphorous deficiencies. Add some calmag to your grow to cure the rust looking spots. An increase in micro nutrients looks needed also. Try adding more nutes, little bumps at a time