Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 29
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I decided to remove some of the oil from the cartridge by adding a tiny bit more of the Extract. I was then able to draw some the mix out with the syringe. That seemed to help quite a bit. I was able to get very smooth puffs with out sucking hard. I also had better luck with the fit between the cartridge and the battery. Might be this one cart is a bit off.

I've also learned there are, in fact, special cartridges made for using the thicker oils like what pressing will produce. One that keeps coming up as highly recommended is the Liberty V9. Sells for around $6 on EBay. Less in quantity. I have one on order from China to try out.

In the mean time, I'm doing fine, but if this V9 will work with less dilution, all the better.
    Last edited by Maryjane; 01-09-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I am finding the more I use up what is in my first test cartridge the more potent the result. It seems to work best, with the thick oil, when very little is covering the wick.

My concern now are the fats and lipids in the oil. Cannabis itself has lipids and they should not be inhaled with any frequency. Very bad for the lungs. High-end extraction techniques, that use some form of winterization, remove these compounds. Simple pressing does not.

The firm that I purchased my extract from offers their "clear" version. A modified version that will, they claim, remove the fats and lipids through heat, separation over time and a final filtering. I have some on order and will use this for my next cartridge.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 634
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    There are~ or better yet~ Are there vaping devices that can be used with solid material```

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sethrak View Post
    There are~ or better yet~ Are there vaping devices that can be used with solid material```
    If you mean devices that use the flower, directly, yes. These heat the flower in a small "oven" at up to 400 degrees. I bought one called Wulfvape-SX for around $80. It works but is a pain to use. Holds only a small amount of material and it will get clogged very quickly making inhaling a chore. There are many others that work basically the same.

I find using the vape pen with oil to be the best of all possibilities, for me at least. Really a "no muss, no fuss" alternative. I plan to keep going in this direction and refining the process as I go.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I've been doing quite a bit of research on using coconut oil for producing vape concentrate. What, at first glance, appeared to be an organic, natural solution to extracting canabis oil now is something, I feel, should be avoided at all cost.

This is what raw coconut oil looks like:

Coconut oil is a fat, plain and simple. At room temperature it is a solid substance similar to lard or Crisco. When heated above 75 degrees F it will liquify and turn clear. Let it sit and cool and it will return to a solid in short order.

There are versions called fractionated coconut oil that remain liquid at room temperature. They take the solid and heat it to a point in excess of 350 degrees F until it becomes a steam and distill it. This leaves behind certain heavier mid-chain triglycerides (fats) extracting a thinner, clear liquid.

The problem here is only some fats have been removed. The saturated fats still remain and cannot be removed by any means. Coconut oil is a fat. Removing it all leaves nothing behind.

Most folks would agree eating saturated fats is something to be avoided. Why, then, would you want to inhale saturated fats into your lungs day after day? There is a great deal of misinformation out there. Products are being touted as safe and organic without any supporting clinical evidence. People, who are not chemically trained, are buying bulk product and rebottling it for sale at great expense to unsuspecting buyers.

Do the due diligence before you subject yourself to this crap. Ask for third-party lab test results that substantiate the claims made. Stay clear if you do not get it.
    Last edited by Maryjane; Today at 01:42 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123