Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the latest that i can pinch off the preflowers to low from the canopy

0 Not allowed!
    Hello everybody I m in week 3 of flower stretch is at is end and I would like to do a little clen up at the bottom of my plants getting all those preflowers off. Is it too late?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 35
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    IMHO There is never a bad time to cleanup the bottom. I leave a lot of the never going to make it to harvest stuff because I don't like naked stalks but when I start trimming a couple weeks before harvest it all goes.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about" credit Jimmy Buffett

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 379
    Given: 56
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I tend to remove clusters on the lower interior of the plant-it seems that they never amount to much so why waste the plants energy on growing them.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 389
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Agree with @graygrower and @gbauto

Clean them off all the time until the end. Those tiny flowers growing close to the stalk below 6-12" can all be removed. Also any leaves that low. I lollipop all my plants these days, leaving nearly nothing at the bottom. I tried so many times leaving the bigger ones, but they never amount to anything. The less dense your forest at the bottom the better. It will prevent mold and all kinds of bad shit. I say yank anything that's not in the light, under 6", up to 12" depending on your total plant height.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 10
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    No its a good time...i always wait for Day 21...and then i remove all shit in the shadows,and 90% of the Fan Leaves...every Fan Leave which shades a Bud,and every Fan Leaf which has a Purple Stem.
    After Day 21 the 2. Generative Phase starts and all grow except that of the Buds should have stopped.

This defoliation in Week 3 is realy good...you get noticeable more yield and nicer Buds cause there is sooooo much more light penetration and you get useable Buds like 1 feet down the Canopy

I forgot to Add,a Plant has several Stages of Growth...
    1 is the seedling Phase,it lasts a few Days where it mostly produces roots,2 is the first vegetative stage,that is the grow in 18 hours and lasts as long as you have 18 hours light,then comes the second vegetative phase...that lasts 2-3 weeks after you started 12 hours light,and is commonly called "Stretch"
    After that follows different generative Phases.
    The important point is...after Day 21 the Fan Leaves dont affect the Plants Grow anymore...all they do is to serve as a nutrient Storage,and the Plant would suck out the Nutrients from it (make it yellow with purple stem) and then cut the water connection so its dries out and fall off...
    Since our Plants have everything just not a lack of nutrients...we realy dont need this sun-shading nutrient reservoirs....so cutting them off is very good when you wait for Day 21.
    In Nature the Plant stores Nutrients into the Fan Leaves,which then are used up to make the Buds....so in nature its realy usefull but Indoors and specialy with hydro-based Systems its high beneficial to remove them to give more Sun to the Buds.
    The Energy for the Buds are collected by each individual Bud and the little Sugar Leafes connected to it...its not that the Plant has a overall energy reservoir which its equaly splits up on the Buds...each Bud is on its own and the ammount of Sun it can catch will decide about its size
    Last edited by Weedburner; 12-23-2017 at 04:58 AM.