Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small clear egg like sacs on leaf stems

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Jorge and friends,
    As the title says, I have no idea what these are. They are about 1 mm or less in diameter and are clear or translucent. They are on the leaf stems and come off easily and don't leave a mark where they were. They are hard and seem hollow and crush easy....almost like a small sugar egg. Some seem to have a hole in the side. I've done a ton of research but have found nothing. I have inspected diligently and have no sign of any pests. Anyone seen anything like this. Thanks for any info. Pics are attached, but kinda blurry because they are so small.

025.jpg026.jpg027.jpg028.jpg

Runamuk1.0

0 Not allowed!
    Hello @edge2400,

Sorry I'm not Jorge but he is a busy guy and can't get all the questions right away and you better get busy now.

Looks like you have White Fly eggs. They are not easy to get rid of but persistence will rule over them. You will need insecticidal soap now you can mix original dawn dish soap at the rate of 3-4 drops per quart of water. These guys are hard to get rid of because they fly off to lay eggs another place.

You are going to have to apply the soap every 5-10 days from the time first apply. If you don't they just keep coming back. Any leaves that are 50% damaged should come off.

Sticky traps at the same time will help get rid of the adults and keep it up until you win. One drawback of using the insecticide it kills lady bugs and other good thing that eat white flies.

The best way to get rid of them is to get a predator to eat them out of the air.
    Predators: Encarisa formosa is a species of miniature wasp that only attacks whiteflies. This small wasp does not attack humans and kills whitefly populations by laying eggs on whiteflies. When hatched, the wasp larvae eats its way through the whitefly, literally devouring it from the inside out. Slow and painful, just like they deserve. 2 predators per plant should do the trick if the infestation is caught before it becomes severe. Repeat every 2 weeks until 2 weeks after whiteflies cannot be spotted. Ensure you clean plants and grow area thoroughly if you have sprayed against mites or flies as these treatments will also kill this wasp
    Nice photos makes it easy to ID the buggers.

Keep them green
    Muk

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info Muk.
    I'm indoors, so the predator factor will not work. I have not seen any evidence of white flies....larvae or adults. I will spray them with the soap solution as they are only 1 week into flower and keep an eye out for any further appearance of eggs.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,426
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by edge2400 View Post
    Thanks for the info Muk.
    I'm indoors, so the predator factor will not work. I have not seen any evidence of white flies....larvae or adults. I will spray them with the soap solution as they are only 1 week into flower and keep an eye out for any further appearance of eggs.
    Sure looks like a white fly egg. White flies we get around here lay the eggs in mass looking like fluffy massive covering under leaves or splotches of egg masses under leaves.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.