Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,426
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Man @Jackson I think your best hope if no ugly weather with winds comes is that clear drop cloth plastic. It doesn't last like regular greenhouse polyfilm but can keep things off till done if lucky. Not sure what heat you could use but maybe an extension cord. 12' is a big order but a pvc tube arrangement long enough with crossed members to make a dome might fit. Never hurts to have greenhouse polyfilm. Could even use it for an earlier start so this problem won't be messing with you next years end.

Plants develop what they have. Making a partial harvest would give more juice to what's left quickening those buds I'd think. Thinking if weather doom and gloom is worrying you a partial harvest might keep you busy thinking it helps and not be worried as much Something like that
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    T,

Yea, we've covered and uncovered them twice because of rain, and since the trichs don't seem to be progressing, we started harvesting today.

I've seen pictures of Jorge with 12 footers, and thought that was really something, now, not so much. They are a pain in the rear. We have one that is @ 7' and it is much easier to deal with -- you don't have to get on a 10' ladder to tend to the top of the plant, and covering it, well , you get the picture.

Rain is forecast in 4 days, so it's time for the girls to go.

By the way, I bought a leaf trimmer from Amazon for $200 and it is worth its weight in gold.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 52
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Well, it rained all day on Sat. with flurries Sunday so I cut the Aurora and Moby Dick. I left the Critical Jack and hoped for the best. Couple of cold nights-low of 25... She just shrugged it off. 20171031_140643.jpg20171031_140551.jpg
    Last edited by gbauto; 10-31-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 638
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yea...I think when it gets cold it slows things down. I had to harvest an outdoor plant early because of the helicopters. It was still good smoke and better than getting busted. It would have been amazing if it could have gone another 2 weeks though!

Make sure you use plants that can get done early enough for your area, which seems to be easier said than done...
    ~Greenlady~

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,426
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    T,

Yea, we've covered and uncovered them twice because of rain, and since the trichs don't seem to be progressing, we started harvesting today.

I've seen pictures of Jorge with 12 footers, and thought that was really something, now, not so much. They are a pain in the rear. We have one that is @ 7' and it is much easier to deal with -- you don't have to get on a 10' ladder to tend to the top of the plant, and covering it, well , you get the picture.

Rain is forecast in 4 days, so it's time for the girls to go.

By the way, I bought a leaf trimmer from Amazon for $200 and it is worth its weight in gold.
    Reaching the big heights for like Oregon it's start early indoors with veg lighting for long period before moving them outdoors. If stuck with outdoors have a loop house arrangement to keep them warm with lighting to keep the veg cycle going. I'd think just having them indoors would work best since bugs would want the first good thing to munch which would be a warm loop house with plants. You have to have root space for the big ones so a sizeable special mix to aid in the roots spreading in their own domain. Big home made air pots is what normally does it or make a big hole to load with special soil mix. If you have moles some sort of chicken wire on bottom helps. Weed barrier material works for fabric of above ground pots.

You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12