Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats happening

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats happening

0 Not allowed!
    I dont know whats happening to my plant its pointing down and some brown are coming out of the top of the plant still at seedling week 2.... Help me out pleaseeee

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,987
    Given: 7,079
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    download (8)(1).jpg

...no-one will be able to help you without some pictures and more information.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I dont know how to put picture up here...

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    20171020_140236.jpg

Heres my problem

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...they look a little over watered, the leading cause of death with seedlings is over anxious new growers who too often smother thier seedlings to death with love.

...i recommend first that you try not to stress over whatever happens here, try to look at this attempt as practice for the next attempt, so the real crop you reap here will be knowledge and experience.

...now, i would suggest that you learn the 'heft test' when watering which just means you need to learn how lite the pot is when it is dry and how heavy it is after you water it so you can then just lift your pots and you'll know if they need watering based on how heavy or lite they are.

...cannabis needs a clear wet/dry cycle, when they stay wet in the rootzone for too long they suffocate.

...so water your pot until you get runoff at the bottom, then lift the pots to get a feel for the weight, then don't water again for at least 4 to 5 days and keep lifting the pots daily so you can feel as they get lighter.

...anyway, don't water again until the pot feels VERY lite to you, you should also see some wilting again as it drys out, when you see wilting again it will be time to water.

...they wilt when too dry and when too wet for too long but the wilting looks subtly different so this will be one of the lessons this grow will teach you.

...remember too that cannabis is generally a very hardy plant so just try to relax and your babies should recover.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you sooo much! In deed im learning its my first crop i found a seed and went for it i tried to see if it would germinate and it did! Im at day 9 of seedling stage right now unders 4 x100w cfl 6500k but next week my grow tent will arrived plus my 300w led marshydro liight. Wishing this will give the plant a better environ than my closet its hard to keep humdity optimal in my closet. Next crop will be autoflower!! Other question i have how many soil i put in a 5 gallon paint bucket. I bought tropical soil with coconut fiber and with organic miminal nutriment in the soil.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out thank you soooo much!!!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...you're welcome and you can be sure there were folks here on the internet offering me help too back when i was as new as you.

...anyway, i don't grow in soil personally so i won't be able to advise you too deeply when it comes to soil specific info but we have a few soil growers in the house that will help you in that regard, @Runamuk1 in particular is a soil grower who knows his stuff so you can rely on his advice.

...i also don't run LEDs either so others will have to help you there too but i do grow in tents so maybe i can help you there.

...btw, soil can be the easiest way to grow or the hardest and a lot depends on whether or not you have any other gardening experience, if you don't then you may want to consider something simpler and more formulaic, meaning it's simple enough so if you follow the few simple directions you almost can't fail.

...if you scan through my 'random doins' thread linked in my signature you can get an idea what i'm talking about.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,007
    Given: 9,545
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hello @meheekin yes for sure looks over watered..Step away from your plant...There is one thing standing out really big....you got one plant? That can be disastrous when something really goes very wrong..Like if it's a boy or worse dies.

So first question is how many plants do you have and did you plant feminized seed? If not then you better get some more started NOW. Regular (un-feminized) is a 50/50 shot between male and female. If not sexed it's 50/50. So you are going to need at least twice as many starts as what you are going to grow. Then some might be weak and not want to grow so you have to account for that also.

So what did you plant? Big ass leaves and growing like mad...love it.

I agree with @someoldguy on the soil and growing indoor. He has a way of growing, ivery simple for new growers. Soil you gotta know what nutrients are in the soil and what you need to add. Then figure feeding without over doing it. There are better ways than soil growing indoors. SOG has what seems like a really easy way to get started growing and not kill anything.

If you do grow indoors with soil. Make sure there is lots of perlite for drainage. That holds true with outdoor too. There must be a wet/dry cycle. Meaning, when you water, it gets the soil moist but not soaking wet. Then you go until it needs water.

Soil doesn't retain water it repels it until it gets wet. So when you water a pot and water runs out...nothing got watered. When I water I figure I'm going to be putting water on the pot or raised bed 3 times before it's done.

The way I water pots like you have is get a 5 gal bucket of water. Take the plant and submerge pot in water. When the bubbles stop. Pull it out, put it back and you just watered that plant. Even a one gallon pot takes less than 20 seconds to water.

Just remember, at all cost...HAVE FUN
    Muk

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    20171021_202054.jpg 20171021_202126.jpg20171021_202106.jpg
    20171021_202059.jpg

Hi @Runamuk1 !! Thanks for replying! This one growing atm i dont know the strain its a seed i found and to my suprised it germinated i was reaaaalllyyy suprised!! As for the soil i wouldve like growing it in clay pebbles or something simple but i dont know jack s*** about garderning it my first crop but i do want to learn and where i live theres none no where!! Even soil was kinda hardish to find. For seedling i found soil mix for seedling and sprouts 0.5-0.07-0.1 and for my veg/floweting stages i will be using Connaiseur tropical plant potting soil 0.45 - 0.03 - 0.08 (see attached picture 1 and 2) the 2 other pictures is my plant coming back slowly. I bought other seeds feminized autoflowers which is more suitable for my grow space. If you could tell me tips and tell me about that tropical soil i have i would glady appreciate it!! Tropical plant potting soil. Formula 0.45-0.03-0.08. No fertilization required for 4 to 8 weeks. Assures rapid plant re-growth. Forgives over and under watering. Easy to moisten thanks to the coconut fiber. Approved for organic gardening by OCQV. This plant you see in the picture is under 4x100w cfl 6500k but next week will transfer in my new grow tent 2'x3'x5' under a 300w led marshydro light. I will be growing my autoflower under led in grow tent. Talk to you soon bud!! Thanks!!
    Last edited by meheekin; 10-22-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast