Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More help needed with the use of BT

0 Not allowed!
    I have a question on BT.

I am about 3 weeks from harvest and started noticing little tiny caterpillars. about only about 10 of them. I started using BT and it is working. I see the results of shriveled brown worms.

My question is with being so late in the process, how often can I sue BT?

Morning and night? Everyday? Every other day? Without killing my buds or getting a low THC content. I have already had to cut off 2 tops of nugs and some smaller nugs.

Should I cut my losses and pull it up early or ride it out 3 more weeks.

My Hair ratio right now is about 60 white and 40 red hair. I would like te opposite ratio before pulling but considering the situation. HELP!

Bigbuddave

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,007
    Given: 9,545
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    High @bigbuddave

I know you are expecting Jorge and obviously I'm not him but if you waited for that busy man you would/could wait a long time.

Ok before your questions...what is BT? There are lots of products can't remember all of them. Photos!!! Gotta have photos to really know that we are both talking the same topic.. bugs and plant photos.

One big rule we try to never break is spraying insecticides on flowering plants....EVER. There are many things that work...sticky traps, DE(diatomaceous earth) even a soap solution is better than chems on flowers. So lets hope the stuff breaks down soon.

If you saw 10 then there is a 100. Those little caterpillars are what climb into buds and cause bud rot. So they gotta go or really watch your crop.

White hair to red hair really isn't anything to go by on a finished bud. So gotta have photos.

Sorry I can't be more help but gotta have more info...and Jorge is really busy so you won't get an answer without more info.

Keep them green
    Muk

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Runamuk1 View Post
    High @bigbuddave

I know you are expecting Jorge and obviously I'm not him but if you waited for that busy man you would/could wait a long time.

Ok before your questions...what is BT? There are lots of products can't remember all of them. Photos!!! Gotta have photos to really know that we are both talking the same topic.. bugs and plant photos.

One big rule we try to never break is spraying insecticides on flowering plants....EVER. There are many things that work...sticky traps, DE(diatomaceous earth) even a soap solution is better than chems on flowers. So lets hope the stuff breaks down soon.

If you saw 10 then there is a 100. Those little caterpillars are what climb into buds and cause bud rot. So they gotta go or really watch your crop.

White hair to red hair really isn't anything to go by on a finished bud. So gotta have photos.

Sorry I can't be more help but gotta have more info...and Jorge is really busy so you won't get an answer without more info.

Keep them green
    Muk
    Here are the pics what do you think like i said I topped off 2 nugs about on inch off the top.

dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,417
    Given: 524
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    BT explained lightly

You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    One video said product instructions say the bacteria is good for up to day of harvest. Being its general use if food not smoking a stopping of application might be best around the start of flushing the plants. Although some of us have smoked worse there is no need to add instances of wtf.

Eliminate Caterpillars and Worms With B.T.

Bacillus thuringiensis (B.T.) is a bacterium that works as a caterpillar and worm killer. B.T. products are often used by commercial growers to prevent infestation on a wide scale, as well as by organic growers for home garden treatment.

Upon ingestion, B.T. acts as a rot-gut poison that causes the insect to stop feeding, and it will die within a few days. B.T. will quickly eliminate nuisance insects such as saltmarsh caterpillars, hornworms, corn earworms and bollworms, but will not harm the beneficial insects that many gardens need to thrive. Our B.T. products include liquid concentrates and a garden dust formulation.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Same thing happened to me, and the result was disastrous. We tried to save the plant, but it was too late. By the time you see them the damage is done. We cut them and went through all the buds and tossed most of it. We tossed anything that had mold signs, black spots, and obviously worms. It was a lot of work (my wife did most, it made me sick to see it). What we managed to save will be ok for cooking, but it is pretty funky and was not really worth the effort. My plan is to watch outdoor plants for any sign of chewing, bug poop, moths. Another thought, we had a bad heat spell for a few weeks over 100 degrees F. That's when the moths came, maybe seeking my cool frosty nugs as a haven from the sun.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    With gardening I've noticed some times the bugs seem to pick one variety as the main target. Tomatoes flip the insane attack mode of some bugs. Flying insects like moths spread the caterpillar eggs and they fly around till they pick a favorite. Maybe smell with a certain chemical is their target. Watering down the leaves of a tomato plant sure makes the scent easy to smell. Then the bad aspect of if the bugs prefer a bait plant then anything for blocks might zone into your grow area and odds climb for any of them going after your stuff. If you don't have lizards a bug zapper might help but those things kill anything like bees and wasps you want around.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,007
    Given: 9,545
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    High Dave,
    Yes I see the rot and it's from that caterpillar poop. At this point all you can do is keep an eye on your buds and get rid of the rot as you find it. Make sure you disinfect your tools and hands in between picking it out so you don't spread it to other parts of your plants.

Other than that they look very good.
    Muk
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbuddave View Post
    Here are the pics what do you think like i said I topped off 2 nugs about on inch off the top.

dave