Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Thread: Purple tomatoes

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purple tomatoes

0 Not allowed!
    This is the Olmeca Tomato~from Spain~in Europe and Russia it is called the Russo Bruno``` When ripe it is purple~the fruit is almost perfectly round.https://www.shutterstock.com/search/olmeca+tomato
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,342
    Given: 486
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Saw a guys video that had ripe yellow tomatoes. He liked it because the birds figure red is ripe so he doesn't lose any tomatoes. Guessing yellow will give you the same no birds eating your crop. Meanwhile I have to wrap tomatoes in row cover material or pick slightly early due to bulbul birds. I think some of the bulbul's are a little social figuring since I will cut cracked tomatoes and lay them on the lawn for them they kind hold off on chewing up fresh ones. The bird is out of the India. Sure has a big appetite for lizards when hunting in pairs like it's a competition.

You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 486
    Given: 744
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    yeah I have some maters going currently that are so purple they are almost black

called Indigo Rose, bred by some US university to be the only true anthocyanin producing tomato in the world, after it was researched that anthocyanin has cancer fighting properties etc

looks great, but small tomatoes like a large golf ball; can't speak to flavour yet either as they aren't done. But hey, they fight cancer right

another good purple variety is apparently Cherokee Purple... or another one I am growing currently, Black Pear, but that really only gets streaks of purple/black on top I think along with an overall kinda darker colour than normal tomato red, but pear shaped tomatoes and a massive big plant stature, damn fine to eat and resists cold and rot better than many other varieties apparently; I couldn't tell you from experience, I'm kinda new to growing tomatoes or any kind of food. But we are having some decent success with it already at least, and I have a bunch of ambitious plans hahaha god is probably laughing at the little man making his plans right about now too

I'll report back on the Rose when I get to eating some, seems I can't get the Olmeca from my peeps or I'd have took your word for it and thrown it in the next seed order

Nice one
    PO

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    There is a GMO Purple~that's not what you have I'm hoping```

These will get almost black```

seth

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,342
    Given: 486
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sethrak View Post
    There is a GMO Purple~that's not what you have I'm hoping```

These will get almost black```

seth
    Heirloom.

http://www.specialtyproduce.com/prod...atoes_4593.php

Description/Taste
    Rosso Bruno tomatoes are roughly the size of a golf ball and are perfectly round in shape. They offer a robust old-fashioned tomato flavor, and can be used at multiple stages of ripeness. At its first sign of ripeness the Rosso Bruno tomato is firm, sweet and tart, and it has its signature red-brown coloring with green shoulders. As it ripens the green fades, the flesh becomes tender-firm, juicier and more flavorful. At its peak maturity, the Rosso Bruno is deep brown in color and soft to the touch with a low-acid, exceptionally rich and sweet flavor. The indeterminate tomato plant produces the fruit along sprawling vines.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.