Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 435
    Given: 301
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face ! Organic Molasses When and how much during bloom?

0 Not allowed!
    I'm in the last four weeks, or so, of bloom. After what has been a long up hill climb to from seed to mature ladies I need to know how much organic molasses tea to feed my ladies and when? Thank you in advance for your advice. It's been fun.

The BratGirl
    [QUOTE] Work will work, when wishing won't. My own quote.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 683
    Given: 1,460
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    You can run molasses for the entire grow or just during flower because it feeds the microbes which breaks down nutrients in your medium and helps make all good stuff available to your plants which helps develope taste and smell. 1/2 tsp per gallon of water is enough to do the trick and make sure you dont water so much that you have runoff or you can feed pests as well.
    I'm sure others can add to this but this is the basics

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 486
    Given: 744
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    molasses is good stuff generally speaking from my limited experience of using it like a nutrient and not just for compost teas

if it's just the sugars you want you could use something else like sucanat or unprocessed cane sugar too, might work out a good bit cheaper

my only worry with too many sugars is that the whole microbe/root communication system relies on sugary exudates for signalling basically, so I have always figured that if you overdo it, you are gonna be messing with the natural mojo. Unfortunately I am not a plant scientist so I have no idea how much is considered too much. If you get a good one though, the mineral analysis reads much like an ideal flowering nutrient; I can't dispute that part. Whether the rapid availability of those elements beyond the sugars is any good, I don't know TBH. Can cause some pH problems too from some threads I saw over the years, but I imagine if you stay at sensible levels it should work out good, and yeah stanky's suggested amount would be about where I would start and see how they like it

another interesting option is ground malted barley. Very hard to overdo it, you can just top dress it on directly or make a tea. Plant sugars, chitin, and a massive enzyme bomb to get the soil system roaring. This is not a nutrient in and of itself, it is more like a potentiator for unlocking the power of what nutrients you already have in the soil there. Google it, you will come upon a wealth of useful info. You buy it from beer brew shops, sometimes called diastatic malt also. Then you grind the whole grains in your blender as and when you need it basically, now you have a powder, braindead easy and results are kinda impressive if I'm honest. Maybe someone else here is using this stuff too, I dunno, many people around the net use this as part of a very successful overall recipe leaning in that 'no-till' kinda direction usually but I reckon any organic system is gonna like malted barley, it just helps even more if you have a really strong culture of beneficials in the root zone already

Hope I didn't raise more questions than I answered LOL

good times BG
    PO

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 435
    Given: 301
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Persistent Offender, gosh I hope you are still here. I'd hate for you to leave. I like you info on molasses and the grounded malt barley sounds like it would be a good idea from the start of veg. I'll see if I can find a brew shop in the area where I work cause there ain't one in my hood.

Good times to you too my friend.
    BG
    [QUOTE] Work will work, when wishing won't. My own quote.