Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 448
    Given: 317
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face ! Organic Molasses When and how much during bloom?

0 Not allowed!
    I'm in the last four weeks, or so, of bloom. After what has been a long up hill climb to from seed to mature ladies I need to know how much organic molasses tea to feed my ladies and when? Thank you in advance for your advice. It's been fun.

The BratGirl
    [QUOTE] Work will work, when wishing won't. My own quote.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 684
    Given: 1,463
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    You can run molasses for the entire grow or just during flower because it feeds the microbes which breaks down nutrients in your medium and helps make all good stuff available to your plants which helps develope taste and smell. 1/2 tsp per gallon of water is enough to do the trick and make sure you dont water so much that you have runoff or you can feed pests as well.
    I'm sure others can add to this but this is the basics

Persistent Offender

0 Not allowed!
    molasses is good stuff generally speaking from my limited experience of using it like a nutrient and not just for compost teas

if it's just the sugars you want you could use something else like sucanat or unprocessed cane sugar too, might work out a good bit cheaper

my only worry with too many sugars is that the whole microbe/root communication system relies on sugary exudates for signalling basically, so I have always figured that if you overdo it, you are gonna be messing with the natural mojo. Unfortunately I am not a plant scientist so I have no idea how much is considered too much. If you get a good one though, the mineral analysis reads much like an ideal flowering nutrient; I can't dispute that part. Whether the rapid availability of those elements beyond the sugars is any good, I don't know TBH. Can cause some pH problems too from some threads I saw over the years, but I imagine if you stay at sensible levels it should work out good, and yeah stanky's suggested amount would be about where I would start and see how they like it

another interesting option is ground malted barley. Very hard to overdo it, you can just top dress it on directly or make a tea. Plant sugars, chitin, and a massive enzyme bomb to get the soil system roaring. This is not a nutrient in and of itself, it is more like a potentiator for unlocking the power of what nutrients you already have in the soil there. Google it, you will come upon a wealth of useful info. You buy it from beer brew shops, sometimes called diastatic malt also. Then you grind the whole grains in your blender as and when you need it basically, now you have a powder, braindead easy and results are kinda impressive if I'm honest. Maybe someone else here is using this stuff too, I dunno, many people around the net use this as part of a very successful overall recipe leaning in that 'no-till' kinda direction usually but I reckon any organic system is gonna like malted barley, it just helps even more if you have a really strong culture of beneficials in the root zone already

Hope I didn't raise more questions than I answered LOL

good times BG
    PO

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 448
    Given: 317
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Persistent Offender, gosh I hope you are still here. I'd hate for you to leave. I like you info on molasses and the grounded malt barley sounds like it would be a good idea from the start of veg. I'll see if I can find a brew shop in the area where I work cause there ain't one in my hood.

Good times to you too my friend.
    BG
    [QUOTE] Work will work, when wishing won't. My own quote.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,426
    Given: 530
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Sulfur included molasses for this brand has a yellowish background. Get the green one if same brand. Sulfur is supposed to be wrong.

0m.png
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,996
    Given: 7,089
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...i use this at about 1tblsp per gallon during the 14 day flush before harvest, i don't know that it does me any good really considering i'm not growing organically but it doesn't hurt so i use it anyway, just water, molasses and a ph balancer.

download-1.jpg

...with the size of your op a gallon might be more than you'd want generally speaking but if you're gonna keep growing, especially in soil then you might consider it.

peace, SOG

...be sure to click the pic.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by someoldguy View Post
    ...i use this at about 1tblsp per gallon during the 14 day flush before harvest, i don't know that it does me any good really considering i'm not growing organically but it doesn't hurt so i use it anyway, just water, molasses and a ph balancer.

...with the size of your op a gallon might be more than you'd want generally speaking but if you're gonna keep growing, especially in soil then you might consider it.

peace, SOG

...be sure to click the pic.
    I should of paid better attention. Looking in the grocery store at the yellow labeled stuff I thought had sulfur I now see says unsulfured like the green label uh.
    So I look and see this difference.
    YELLOW:
    Pure, concentrated sugarcane juice that has had no sugar removed, making it sweet and light.
    GREEN:
    Darker, more concentrated and less sweet than the Original. It’s made of a blend of “first molasses,” which is what remains once the sugarcane juice has crystallized.

Seems for sugar the yellow label unsulfured is sweeter. Oh well, sugar isn't everything to the bacteria I hope.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,111
    Given: 668
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    so ive researched this many times over & seen the results match. molasses is a complex molecule that takes a long time for microbes to break down for plant uptake. use sparingly unless its in a tea that has cooked for a few days. lotta people feed lots of it at end of flower and it actually smothers the mycorrhiza in soil diminishing the size of the final product. I'm using nectar for the gods nutrients and their version is a digested carbon extract called aphrodites extract. for instant plant uptake, sweetening and allows for much better weight gain then a molasses that chokes the soil life. I'm sure there are other brands and other versions of a digested sweetener, but theirs is top notch. been using it for years
    The futures uncertain and the end is always near. j.morrison

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,275
    Given: 1,265
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Try it with and without and I bet you can't tell any difference!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Try it with and without and I bet you can't tell any difference!
    Most likely the case for guys that raise the plants with plenty of root space and healthy all around. I have to wonder about rocket science attempts I've seen with small pots running borderline toxic waste spills for nutrients Makes we think some of the candy store names for pot is kind of fitting hehehe. Man what a bozo land things have turned into

Uh oh yah the subject yah maybe the small pot guys with weak bacteria could get a boost a little. I think @bratgirl uses small pots.

Every couple of weeks for compost tea from the video. Mixes and stuff are in the encyclopedia he sells