Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

spunkybudz

Long Term Storage, 6 Months to a Year

0 Not allowed!
    say you have an abundant outdoor harvest and you want to put a bunch of it away for long term storage. Right now I am thinking of two options, both include usage of a Foodsaver vacuum sealer.

1. I have an attachment for canning jars to vacuum seal jars, so I can pack one full and vacuum seal it, I have used this method some in the past but sometimes you get slight leakage.

2. or use something like a Gladware container and fill it up but leave the lid off and then vacuum seal it in a Foodsaver bag ( I don't want to just put it straight into the bag and make it into a hard brick )

really don't want to put it in the freezer as guest might happen to see it but just store it in a cool dark place no mater the method of sealing up.

PS I hate the Bodeva packs, used them and my meds smelled and tasted like crap

Thanks

Persistent Offender

0 Not allowed!
    yeah spunky

I would go the plastic container, leave the lid off, then seal that into a vac bag. Leave it in your basement or somewhere else cool, make sure light stays out over the long run

That should go fine as long as it is really properly dry, otherwise you will open the bag to trouble probably obviously

No boveda required, I have never used one nor had the inclination. I know some folks swear by them, but if it ain't broke why try and fix it kinda thing is my take

Even without the vac, just good glass jars with proper rubber seals and cool with no light you will be fine for six months without a doubt bro

All just my humble opinion, I am not an 'expert' LOL

Good times dude
    PO

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,417
    Given: 524
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkybudz View Post
    say you have an abundant outdoor harvest and you want to put a bunch of it away for long term storage. Right now I am thinking of two options, both include usage of a Foodsaver vacuum sealer.

Thanks
    Try asking restaurants if they have old glass jars for like pickles you could get. Monterrey Bay Canners here uses big 5 gallon white plastic buckets. But the buckets do have rubber O-rings But they aren't glass like is supposed to be best.
    Wouldn't vacuum sealing suck moisture out?
    I guess asking pregnant women if they have large pickle jars you could have is out.
    Amazon has 2.5gal glass jars for $20+
    Used to pick supplies up from a kitchen supplies wholesaler that had lots of stuff. Maybe a military surplus store has used food containers. I know some large ones were used delivering to us and the aluminum containers had clamped down gasket seals.

Mil version of seal it up.
    http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...container.html

Kitchen supply versions
    https://www.webstaurantstore.com/115...canisters.html
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm a big fan of rubbermaid and vac sealers. I have jars I keep around the house and refill from rubbermaid containters. Those plastic ball jars are pretty cool. I'm sure they work well, but they only come in like one or two sizes.
    Last edited by Terpenetailor; 09-10-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,417
    Given: 524
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    If it's smallish quantities zip loc makes refrigerator tub with screw on lids in small that holds a lb of powdered nutrients or a medium size I haven't seen around here. Lids screw on air tight so far.

https://ziploc.com/en/products/conta...ist-loc-medium
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.