Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy branches broken by intense rain!

0 Not allowed!
    Outdoor first time grow, my branches of Amsterdam "Big Cheese" are all bending and breaking apart. The center terminal bud got Grey mold and I had to cut that out which forced the other stalks to get really full and heavy. the heavy rain has caused them to bend and break off, Ive tried using jute string and crutch supporting them to main stalk and now thinking duct tape but NOT happy! I need this stuff to help with my pain.....Pictures will follow if I can work that out as I am just a broken down tree manIMG_1943.jpgIMG_1945.jpg
    Last edited by mule; 09-03-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added pictures

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 609
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Greetings mule, Sad happening~ you can try~supporting the plant with stakes and splinting the kinked areas``` The splinted would be taped just like you would a graft~they may just do fine~take some of the weight off by trimming the some of the big fan leaves~or cancel where the break is and let the plant rebuild from there.

You're going to get some suggestions~you can choose between the best of them~do let us know what you decide~it would be great if you showed pictures of the your fix so we follow the results with you```

We're wishing you the best mule~bet there are a few others who've suffered the same from the wind and rain.

seth

Persistent Offender

0 Not allowed!
    yep just stake them in a really serious fashion with some decent bamboo or something

you could build like a bamboo scaffold type thing around her from four corner posts and some cross beams lashed across that would hold her all in a big square maybe, sorta like a big square bamboo rose cage

good luck
    PO

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,426
    Given: 530
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Stuff like concrete reinforcing mesh works. Get the 6" opening to make trimming before removing easier. Maybe some places you can get certain lengths cut off a roll. Next year right

http://www.homedepot.com/p/42-in-x-7...1028/206261747
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 52
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to see that weather is creating havoc for you. I use bamboo that grows down the road from me as stakes and use soft ties to secure branches. The circular cages would probably give the best support but may be harder to get to the plant. I just splint branches as best as I can and the plant just shrugs it off-they just grow.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 638
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Some of the plants of mine that got broken branches ended up with better bud on those broken branches. Go figure! Sorry this happened to you but hopefully you can save most of it by staking it up and keeping it off the ground. Good luck! Let us know how you make out.
    ~Greenlady~

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Community and Hey mule,

If the branch is still attached, the rained just helped you making an extreme supercropping, that you'll be able to recover using supports, like plastic or bamboo sticks. Put the branches like you want using the props, give the plant a fortifier to make sure she'll recover quick, and let Mother Nature interract!
    Use this issue as a solution if before the accident you had a lack of light access in the plant, by giving the direction and positioning you decide!

Hoped that I have helped!

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    thanks...!