Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Thread: Grafting

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grafting

0 Not allowed!
    Is it possible to have an established mother, and then graft other plants onto her and retain their genetics as well as hers? I have personally seen this done with apple trees and other fruit trees, and have always entertained the idea of trying it. I feel like everything would kind of bleed together or the plant would reject it and die. Does anyone have any experience with this? If it lived, which is probably would, would it have any definition between genetics?
    Last edited by Terpenetailor; 08-27-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Persistent Offender

0 Not allowed!
    I think I remember reading somewhere that all the cuts taken after the graft reflect that upper portion that was grafted on and not the rootstock donor

there was a thread over at IC (think it was IC anyway )for a while where a guy had grafted a bunch of different cuts onto one rootstock, so in effect he was able to keep six or so separate mothers growing on one plant in one pot, and he reckoned all those genetics stayed true over time on that one plant and each branch grew out in the style of the plant it was grafted from, with them all displaying no traits one way or the other from the rootstock. He was growing out the cuts from this one plant and they all looked different in the flower room, like their original donors

that's about all I know about the topic in general dude

good luck with it
    PO

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,417
    Given: 524
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    When attempting to find the best match pick root stock with good resistance to disease like grape vines that are commonly grafted. There might be some mismatching aspects like some plants that want greater amounts of some nutrients that would disturb other grafts possibly. You'll want a hardy root stock and one with I'd think at least one season fattening it up after a long veg in winter then letting it have growth outdoors with a big pot or good soil so it will be one of those Christmas tree trunk styles of choice to graft onto
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Makes sense. Its bonding on a cellular level and not genetic.