Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,987
    Given: 7,079
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...here is a thread teaching how to make your own coloidal silver and how to use it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610

...this is a long running discussion that began 10 years ago and so in it you will find MANY testimonials, and a few haters too. (over there i am known as justanotherbozo)

...believe me, making and using coloidal silver is a simple process.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 448
    Given: 317
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Maryjane first off nice looking plant! SOG and Trewalker are giving you good advice. Check out the links they have mentioned, they are very good links.

I am also a first time inside grower and I made the mistake of picking a dominate Sativa plant and struggled through many starts and failed many times. But with the help of many growers I finally got through it all and have two ladies now in bloom. See re re starting if you want.

Lots of luck. Before you know it you'll be an old pro and handing out advice from your experience.

The BratGirl
    [QUOTE] Work will work, when wishing won't. My own quote.

AFTON

0 Not allowed!
    I have bought my seeds from Southern Oregon Seeds and they have a nice selection.
    IF you are looking for CBD plants in auto or photo they have some.
    I'm going to buy some auto seeds from Mephisto seeds for next year.
    I here and have seen some of there stuff and it looks really good.
    Good luck with your first grow!

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    What about the lighting?

Right now running with 6500 degree CTL lamps. With autos do I still need to switch to 2700 degree when it looks like it is starting to bloom?

Thanks

just add the flowering bulb to what you have if you can

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 589
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    Can't be done. An auto's life cycle is controlled by the plants age instead of a light schedule. You need a plant that is photo period sensitive to keep it in veg so it can be grown. A cutting from an auto will begin to flower right along with the mother plant. The good thing about an auto is the short life cycle and that you can keep a steady supply of the strain going and all in the same room and under the same lights. However, you can use some colloidal sliver solution and produce your own femmed seeds. At least that way you'll have plenty of beans that will produce female plants every time. Very nice looking plant BTW.
    Hi and greetings~Just wondering if you've tried it~should be able to clone any plant~it may like you said~and as with tomatoes~just be ahead of the game and bud faster that another plant from seed~but I'm thinking it should root```

What's your thought~

seth

Marijuana Growing Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,793
    Given: 774
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yes you can get a auto clone to root. But understand that autos are crossed with a rotaralis. So it is not a photo period plant. It goes but the days it's live. So let's put time to that. Let's use a 80 day for basic ease. So on average you will harvest after 90 days from popping the soil. It will take Aron's 14-20 to get enough branches that have 3 nodes for the cloning. This won't really change the mothers time. So you have 60 more days to till harvest. But the clone will also be that far from harvest. But with it needing to make roots and the stress of that. You set it back about another 14-20 days before it starts growing. So it's still only 3 nodes at 30-40 days old. So you have 50-40 days left till harvest. But you really need around 50-60 of flowering for good buds. So it will start to flower as soon as it roots. And you have a 3 inch plant that you might get 4 dime to quarter size nugs. While the original mother just gave you 3-8 oz. so yes you can clone them. But is it worth it? Not at all. And that's the reason everyone says you can't clone a auto.
    Of all the things i've lost. I miss my mind the most
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,068
    Given: 2,640
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Warlock explained it as well as can be done and the man has WAAAY MORE growing experience than I do. An autoflower plant is a direct descendant of Cannabis Ruderalis. Originally brought out from the old Soviet Union, this plant has a very low THC yield, is very short by nature, does not require a lighting variance for flowering and it's life cycle is much shorter. In fact, Cannabis Ruderalis is still considered legal in many countries where marijuana is illegal. Also, by it's nature this plant is resistant to many insects and diseases that have been a problem for many indica and sativa strains. Breeders got smart and took advantage of these little variations in genetics. Through cross breeding they were able to keep all of the natural strengths of the plant but increase the THC content and include the various flavors of different strains (to one degree or another) without degrading the plants natural immunities. There is one major drawback. It can't be cloned for the purpose of re-vegging to continue that particular plant's life duration. The second drawback would be the plant's size and yield, even though that would seem to be of little importance for someone with a small grow room. If you do the math it really works out in the grower's favor IMO. More plants per square foot, more harvests per year and you don't have to worry about messing up your light schedule or accidentally screw up your grow if they come on during a flower cycle. You may want to adjust your light spectrum as usual (blue/red) when it does start to flower but that point may be moot, also. The plant will do it's work regardless, although a change in spectrum color may increase flower yield and quality. Warlock would know the answer to that.
    Last edited by DownSouth; 09-12-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    "Most people don't understand me but that's a good thing. It means the world is a much safer place to live."
    -DownSouth

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."
    -Confucius

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 589
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Greetings in post #16 you gave a start to finish and ask the question: Is it worth it~

Are you saying that you've done this? Cloned~that with little time left reaped diddly squat? Or is this theory~

Yes~very well described~thanks for taking the time```

seth
    Last edited by sethrak; 09-13-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 421
    Given: 564
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    You can clone an auto just dependent on her genetics... Its all about the genetics with autos!!! This was debunked on AFN about 1 month ago.. Now i will say its not same as cloning a ptoto plant but if your good you get some OK numbers..
    https://www.autoflower.net/forums/th...e-story.60677/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12