Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: burnt

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 9,451
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Bobcat you sure properly murdered those to plants. Might as well put them in the compost and keep trying...you will get the hang of it.

Your soil looks very good. Now 99.9% of all noobies to growing over water including myself. I still do it You can't go by days of the week on when you water. You gotta go by what the plant and soil says it needs. Seedlings need to be damp not wet or they won't get air to their roots and die. Also too wet they will do what is called damp off. Damp off is when a mold attacks the stem at the soil level...don't do that.

I don't know if you have grown a veggie garden or not but it does help to have basic growing info rattling around in your head. So read everything you can about cannabis growing basics. Don't get caught up in the higher levels of growing just yet as it will just be rattling around with the other stuff and then you will do the wrong thing at the wrong time and will cause a issue that pops up. Every issue takes about 2-3 weeks to get back on track of normal. Do a few screw up issues and you just might miss the boat if you are growing outdoors and even indoor.

There is ONE thing you must do...HAVE FUN WHEN GROWING.

Keep them Green
    Muk

PS Don't baby your plants!!! People who baby their plants kill more plants than the DEA does. It's called "Weed" for a reason. It doesn't really need your intervention to grow. Granted once you learn a bit and you will you can push them to become better, bigger stronger...but not yet.
    Last edited by Runamuk1; 08-16-2017 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Brain Fart

"Growing is an "Art". It's like a Ballet!
    A Symphony of possibilities!!"...Siren

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Try germinating the seeds before planting them.

I've used a wet paper towel, folded up inside of a plastic baggie.
    Then put it in a dark cool but not cold place like a drawer. You want the temperature to be between 65 and 75 degrees. I have found that wetter environment and cooler temperatures will give you more females than males and vice versa. Too warm and dry you get more males plants.

Check the bag daily and keep the seed/towel moist but not soaking in a pool of water.

When the seedling is about 3 inches long, VERY GENTLY remove from towel and plant in whatever medium(soil) you're using.

Don't put them in direct sunlight or they will die. If outside, put them under some shade for a week. Each day give them an hour more of direct sunlight.

I hope that helps. Good luck

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone, being first grow trying not to over think to much just one step @time. I use the paper towel and zip lock bags to germ, but take them out when they pop. I went with happy frog for medium to start.
    Last edited by Bobcat; 08-19-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12