Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 day old seedling

0 Not allowed!
    Du to it being a seedling, me being a 1st year Newb....leaves are not big enough to check those leave deficiency charts that you see on the web.
    Here's the details
    Seed started outdoors with a sibling 30 days ago in a good soil mixture of black gold seedling starter and soil king big roots. Both seeds came through the soil and germinated fine and lived on distilled water for 14 days,leaf growth was normal, I fed them both my compost tea brew after day 16.
    From day 16 they foilate feed everyday something different. All was well until about 10 days ago the leaves started looking crazy,curling
    Here it is at 30 days

image.jpg
    I gave it 1/2 strength age old grow nutes to no avail
    It does show new lower growth shoot

image.jpg
    Thanks for looking, any help is Greatly appreciated, these are Strawberry Banana from Crocket Farms and here is its sibling doing just fine
    image.jpg
    Friends don't let friends post pictures sideways

Persistent Offender

0 Not allowed!
    Stop foliar feeding her every day and she will get better. She is not short of anything, couldn't possibly be, with her being in a big pot full of fresh soil... Your soil is already gonna be plenty hot enough for a small young plant is what I'm saying (any mix that is nuted would be, although I have no experience of your particular soil mix); let her get to work on it and just stand off to the side and marvel basically for the moment LOL this is the hardest thing for a new grower to do usually, always wanting to 'give her a boost' or some such sentiment, usually causing more harm than good. We are all guilty of this and have all done it before; it gets easier to leave them alone as you gain experience

what are you spraying her with anyway by the way brother?

other background plants look good; you are keeping everything alive by the looks of it and seem to be on the right track with it from what I can see

that's my two cents
    PO

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,991
    Given: 7,082
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...i agree you should stop foliar feeding for now, foliar feeding isn't as simple as it seems, for a beginner i would consider it an 'advanced' technique.

...i would also suggest you go carefully with the watering, first, stop using distilled water, your plants will thank you, then, for the next few weeks you want to water sparingly, with that much soil in the pot, if you fully saturate it, it will stay wet too long and cause over-watering symptoms, which actually might be part of your problem now.

...anyway, generally speaking rain water is the best, well water is a crap shoot with some being awesome and some being hard or worse, i personally just use tap water and have for more than ten years.

...also, in the future, start your seeds in smaller containers and pot up multiple times growing the root zone fully before uppotting to the next size up.

...the exception to that is if you run auto flowers, they tell me auto flowers don't like being transplanted.

...personally i won't run autos because i can't clone them and keep growing them if i like them, i've popped hundreds of beans over the years and many were shit, most were mediocre, better than middies but still just mediocre, and a few were keepers, ...i've got a few in my small collection that i have continued to enjoy for several years.

peace, SOG

105_0004.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the Insight Growers....let me give some more details....my seeds get their start in 3" or 4" square nursery pots.=theses 2 seedling i rushed the transplant for a project. I always do Distilled water for the 1st 2weeks of seedling life-Always.I dont have a scientific purpose for this...but did read it in jorges book
    Also i am not a heavy NUTE grower- organic only and use compost teas then switch to bloom nutes.

Big roots Soil is made for Cannabis,peeps should look up Soil King Big roots online not a hot soil but has a base to carry upto flower. or otherwords 50 /55 day lite charge in the soil

about my foilage feeding guys. here in the southern reaches of the TRIANGLE theres a 50/50 crowd about foilage feeding. agreeded those seedling might be to young for foilage feeding.
    my foilage feeding for my other plants goes like this = everyday something, Liquid Greatness 2 x week, Bloom Khaos 2 x week, the Krakken 2 xweek and a alternating pesticde spray-azamax or montery 1 day.
    as water/feeding goes- with my others in 20gallon bags i only water / feed every 3or 4 days due to soil pack holding moisture and thats why i foilate feed.
    I too will not buy/grow AUTOs.
    my seed stock is decent in numbers and even better in quality with genetics----however it's a crapshoot 50% chance of males

so i cut away 70% of this seedling leaves- to experment...not life or death..just fun growing out seeds...will post a pic later

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by someoldguy View Post

i've popped hundreds of beans over the years and many were shit, most were mediocre, better than middies but still just mediocre, and a few were keepers, ...i've got a few in my small collection that i have continued to enjoy for several years.

peace, SOG
    SOME Old Guy- i will ask, You live in Northern California?
    i am a new personal grower, However my good friend is a breeder and a 40yr outdoor grower and i have access to NOR CAL genetics, sorry to thread hop here
    but if you would like to cross someting your growing......jus saying
    Last edited by ReferJohn; 08-13-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,991
    Given: 7,082
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ReferJohn View Post
    Slow Old Guy- i will ask, You live in Northern California?
    i am a new personal grower, However my good friend is a breeder and a 40yr outdoor grower and i have access to NOR CAL genetics, sorry to thread hop here
    but if you would like to cross someting your growing......jus saying
    ...yeah, it's actually SOME old guy and not SLOW old guy, although i admit to being a fan of slow.

..anyway no i am not in the pacific northwest, sadly i live in the atlantic northeast.

...and i have made several crosses over the years but i'm not connected to the local commercial operators who have access to western elite genetics so i buy beans and hunt for keepers, then i cross my keepers and look for new keepers.

...but it is a slow process, lol.

peace, SOG aka SOMEoldguy

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry bout the name mistake brother, me eyes played tricks on me.
    edited

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Updated pic as promised, I cut darn near most the plant away all in the name of Fun Growing and Learning
    image.jpg
    Should at least help rooting Lol....
    image.jpg
    It's starting to photoperiodism around here so it's most likely really gonna stunt
    Keep ya updated at the 40 day Mark