Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post autopot versus hydroponic (DWC e.t.c)

0 Not allowed!
    Auto pot systems are efficient than Hydroponics ?

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure. Actually depends on a lot of factors. Hydroponics are a bit difficult for starters but has worked really well for me.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,931
    Given: 6,997
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...depends on what you mean by 'efficient', and what you mean by 'hydro'.

...there's more than one way to skin that hydro cat.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,342
    Given: 486
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by egn88 View Post
    Auto pot systems are efficient than Hydroponics ?
    Is there some sort of planter pot turned into an automatic watering and nutrients gadget? Do you mean soil versus hydro?

If going hydro aeration really helps. I've found with the bubbles comes currents getting the roots weird sometimes. Then there is the sirestone embedded in the roots after big growth. There are circular air stones and rings with holes in them I never tried that might pretty much make some other comments to make about the weird effects it causes. That's in deep water culture DWC. I think the best which I never have done is a large reservoir circulating water to drippers, sprayers or into a DWC setting. A large reservoir makes checking ph and EC easier instead of lifting lids a growing plant is sticking out of. Another good thing about a reservoir is ph and EC don't have as fast of swings.

Watch out for nutrients in bottles since some have buffers included that will mask an imbalance arising where the EC might look nice and ph changing slightly but the ppm''s making the EC aren't the nutrients you want to feed the plant and ph being buffered doesn't give you a clue that the solution needs changing to stay on a proper feeding cycle. Something like that.

Hydro grows good stuff just growing right without any above fouling's is needed. I've never heard of auto pot systems. Probably just a hydro system for sale. Hydro does include growing in media like perlite and others with a drip or ebb and flow or whatever's and on and on. If you are able to be around the plants constantly you could grow in a media and hand water the nutrients 3 times a day.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.