Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 26
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Fox Farm Ocean Forest enough?

0 Not allowed!
    I read a post on this site where the grower stated he/she uses only Ocean Forest soil (with watering) for all the nutrients for the first five weeks, then begins a 30-10-10 nutrient cycle with watering. I am trying that with my first grow. An auto flower AK-47.

image.jpeg

Right now, after six days, it's just under 2" or so. I have the plant in a 3 gallon container so it should have plenty of room.

Does this sound like a suitable plan?

My medicine cabinet project:
    http://www.marijuanagrowing.com/show...dicine-Cabinet

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 765
    Given: 478
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    FFOF is generally considered a hot soil for seedlings, espescially automatics but if your girl doesn't seem stunted or burned let her run.. some strains are hardier than others.

Look into the breeders recommendations on nutrients for that strain.
    Bazinga..

Persistent Offender

0 Not allowed!
    autos are hard to predict... some of the newer ones I have seen get quite large, and some of the older lines are very small bud lollipops like lowryder etc. you might have to play with pot sizes over a few runs and in the meantime be ready to feed something mid flower in case she gets bigger than you expect and the soil doesn't have the balls to carry you through on this first one. Then you learn from this one that maybe you do a bigger pot next time etc, some sort of tub that is wider but doesn't take away more height from you than is absolutely necessary would be ideal. It's all a try this and try that kinda affair, see what will max out your space for you and give you the easiest grow that performs well

I'm sure she will do well for you with all that light and space to herself in any case

I'm not an auto guy so I can't say much about that except they are probably good for a quick bit of bud, but not much else. That's all just IMHO of course and based on the small amount of experience I have had with them so far which hasn't much impressed me to be honest

your cab would work great with a large trained single plant that you could veg out big enough to really fill everything up

good luck anyway dude
    PO

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I ran 3 auto sweet tooths in 3 gallon pots from the start. I used FFOF but I mixed in a bunch of seed starting mix in the center of the pot and about 3 inches down. You just got to keep a good eye on watering when they are seedlings in large pots, don't drown them. I didn't start to feed until I saw them flowering, and I feed light feedings. I went water, water, feed.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 163
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I use fox farm ocean forest and i love it. I start off my seeds in an organic neutral ph potting soil and after a couple of weeks i transplant into FF. I also use their trio of nutes along with a few other things. My bud came out amazing.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Roots Organic isn't as hot, and has a better perlite to soil ratio. Ocean forest is good soil, but from start to finish in the same pot I would use roots organic.