Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 58
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Nah. I'm just waiting for season then smoke some weed and deer jerky. lol. That's what I did to the one that ate all my spinach. Oh, gotta husky now too.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,337
    Given: 480
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Last year I had to Solarize the entire garden to reduce the population of root knot nematodes
    French dwarf marigolds growing and even chopped up and mixed with the soil is said to rid the soil and repel root knot nematodes from the area. I had a lousy result of germinating those flowers in peat or coco but had better results with rockwool. Weird. Currently going to watch and see if the chemicals that plant puts off changes and knots on a papaya tree. Not even sure if the deformity will change if the marigolds growing around it succeed in killing inside the effected plant. But anyway one reason I'm using hydro buckets outside.......weird again.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,273
    Given: 1,261
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Tropical--- I did my research and read about the marigolds. Rape seed and mustard were also on the list of cover crop deterrents but none would eliminate the problem. They create an environment that is unfavorable for the root knot nematode and it reduces the population but Solarization does a much better job on them. The only method that kills them is Methyl Bromide and I can't get that chemical. The nematodes don't have any effect on my Medical grow.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,337
    Given: 480
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Darn heat for past month put the brakes on tomatoes for sure. Been cooler 85's and such lately. Crimson watermelons going hydro really need complete fluids changes instead of bouncing around. I also need adjustments seeing I've just bought a couple packs of Carolina Cross. The watermelon is a 95 day grow with 262 lbs record size. That's over 2.75 lbs per day growth. Guy needs a swamp or creek nearby to really let those roots keep things going. Maybe a plastic liner man made fish pond with purposely made slow leak so it's like aquaponics. Anyway that's a lot of water considering the leaves seem to be off gassing 8/10th's of the water or more instead of just going into melons.

https://www.morgancountyseeds.com/pr...arolina-cross/
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345