Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Persistent Offender

Going Outdoor With Autos... Timing and other questions

0 Not allowed!
    So I have never grown out auto stock before, indoors or out, let me just say that up front

I recently moved house and now have some outdoor space. Thing is, some of the sightlines across the property are not ideal for growing big photoperiodic trees. Nosy neighbours, ya know, that sort of thing. I have an indoor show that I really wouldn't want to put at risk is what I'm getting at. So it'll probably only allow me one big photo plant

So I have a couple of old freebie autos in the seed box and thought why not throw a couple of them down too, as I have a fairly perfect spot to do that without raising the alarm

So if we assume I only have one auto harvest (although I am aware several is possible obviously) should I be waiting a couple of weeks to pop them so that plants are mid-flower at the longest days of summer? That is how I would make best use of the nature of an auto was what I was thinking

And also with the whole autos not wanting to be transplanted shenanigans I have read about, is the best solution to pop them in cubes or paper or whatever and then go direct and gently to the great outdoors as soon as roots show through the cube? I dunno if direct sowing the seeds to the outdoors is something I really wanna do, I only have a couple of old freebies... Is there a better way to go about it I haven't considered?

Thanks in advance for your help

Much appreciated
    PO

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 216
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I have done autos outside many times. In my experience it is best to start autos in the planter or hole that they will spend their entire cycle in. They like lots of sunlight. Dont feed them to heavy and keep the bugs at bay. I use neem oil for the pests. Other than that they are super simple and fast.

AboveTheLaws

0 Not allowed!
    @ Persistent Offender

The plant of cannabis remains a plant like the others, inside or outside. Autoflowering or not the way to do remains the same. Outdoor just be careful of pests, spider, rats, cats .......

AFTON

0 Not allowed!
    I started autos this year.
    I put my seeds in water until sprouting and then in a seed germinator until about 2 inches tall.
    Then into a 5 gallon smart pot.
    I have read the more light the better for autos.
    Started these Pineapple expresses 7 weeks ago.
    The one on the right is a Fruit punch and its 3 weeks old now.
    IMG_20170603_131808257.jpg
    IMG_20170603_131821402.jpg
    IMG_20170603_131835487.jpg
    IMG_20170603_131846639.jpg

Good luck with your autos!

AboveTheLaws

0 Not allowed!
    @AFTON

You are fortunate to be able to make to outdoor, attractive plants , good job dude

AFTON

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Above the Law!
    Ya I live on some land in the foothills and have great neighbors soo far.
    once the photos are in that will be the true test.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 216
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The look great so far.

AFTON

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks gs805.
    Just gave them a nutrient and sugar watering probably for the last time.
    Maybe one more sugar watering and then flushing until done.