Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd single plant grow! Didnt not happen on last grow. (leaves curling inward)

0 Not allowed!
    I cannot get an easy lookup answer for this. My plants leaves are soft and dry (not hard and crispy, just soft i.e wont snap if I fold them) and curl inward. I know it is not wind effect or too much light. Seems also not to be nutrient burn. is this a humidity problem or root problem? I need some weed plant loving connoisseurs to help me kickstart my baby into the right direction.

Also like I said I had a single plant operation before, he looked beautiful till the moment he sex'd male. Never had this problem on the last.18361313_1568804549820837_674046433_n.jpg18361197_1568804539820838_1656517472_n.jpg18337085_1568804379820854_992676877_n.jpg18308935_1568804543154171_911203205_n.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 10
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I would have to say it is from over watering. Best way I have found to combat over/under watering, is to weigh your pot when you water it, then wait until the pot weighs half what it did. When you pick up the pot does it feel heavy or is it relatively light? (not counting the clay pot weight)

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 498
    Given: 92
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    What is your temperature, humidity, and ventilation running at?
    How often do you water and how much?

My opinion is it's probably a combination of overwatering in a hot environment that's causing humidity levels to rise. The leaves generally curl to help cool themselves down. Slow down on watering and increase your ventilation to accommodate extra heat and humidity. They are slightly nutrient Burt so I'd also touch back a tad on the nutrients.
    FG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 10
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yes thats clearly overwatering
    Btw are that Clay Pots you use there ?!?!? Clay Pots are infamously bad for Weed...they will cook your Roots

The Plants are in much to big Pots for their Size...no wonder you overwater...
    I would do the following...i take a Gallon sized Pot...add a good mix with Perlite into it,then dig out the Plants from the Claypot and put them into the Gallon Sized Pot
    The Rule of Thumb is that you shall take 1 Gallon Container Volume for each Feet the Plant is tall..when you start them in large Containers you are forced to either overwater them,or on the other side only water around the Stem and then create dead dry areas on the outside where roots cant grow in....
    So thats why its better to start with little pots and then transplant...
    I usualy start in 500ml Pots to prevent overwatering
    Last edited by Weedburner; 05-07-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys!! overwatering was my problem for sure. @Weedburner I will def start small next time, this plant is actually growing into this big clay pot now. Thank you for the insight and I shall never use a clay pot again.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,038
    Given: 365
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Plant looks good. Don't think the water phases it too much since many breeds survived millions of years of monsoon seasons
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.