Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 609
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waking a few seed from a long sleep

0 Not allowed!
    I've some eggs from a good one, less than 30 years old. I soaked them a few hours in sweet water. Later put them in paper towel wet, into a baggy and then in the pocket of my pajama. In the greenhouse the next morning, put them in good soil, dampened. The weather hasn't been cooperating, been cool, brought a few in and put set them on a heat mat.
    Today is the first good weather day, And it has been 10 days since the planting. I'm hoping, with a little luck and some help from the Good Lord, to see a sprout or three.

Seth

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 765
    Given: 478
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Best of luck with those old beans..
    Bazinga..

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Well, 9 days today. No sigh of the darlings, yet. But tomato seeds planted in six pack that I had kinda given up on are starting to sprout, they were planted days and days before~ the same with a Sumac that was looking terrible coming out of winter. The weather has not been nice and warm yet. So~I've still hope.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Day 10 not a peep.

Went to the upper spread and rummaged through things and found very nice, welcome old toys. Wine made long ago, and other things, that I have been a while since doing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Finely finished wine, 3 cans 1 bag O bud but only a few seeds. I know I have some in a 35mm film container, I'll look next time. So I've a few more seeds. I have more seed to give a try~looking forward to this. Oh, and the Sumac is coming back, that's good though it died.

seth
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sethrak; 04-22-2017 at 04:19 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,428
    Given: 531
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Might try using just water in a glass that has a ph good for growing. Some do slight etching/scarifying the seed shell to any swelling in growth makes it easy for the seed to continue growth easier. Sometimes paper has a bad ph or additives that might interfere. Good luck.

The seeds floating in a glass of water can give you an idea of what's up. When they start soaking up the water they should sink. Possibly if they went too dry they will float a long time. They can germinate in just water. But if it's been in the shed that's gotten sun baked the seeds might be toast. Hope something works for you.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 23
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey man good luck to you. I had seeds that were about 7 years old and only about 1% of them popped, I had over 70 seeds. The ones that did crack died soon after that.
    What worked was having a heating mat, using h2o2 to rinse the seeds before germinating. The environment has to be perfect, mine wasn't. If your seeds are that old and not kept in a fridge or freezer your chances are slim. I have heard of people using gibberellic acid with positive results.

Best of luck

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi guys, The seeds have been stored in pretty good conditions, today is day 12, I'm thinking they will grow~the weather has been poor, but I brought back a heat mat, like used for frogs and such, I have that in there now. And I brought back more seed in case.

We'll see I'm hopping, been rolling up some of that old and it really pretty nice.

Today is pretty nice, the sun is out so it great in the greenhouse. Thank for coming by.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Tropical: Some do slight etching/scarifying the seed shell to any swelling in growth makes it easy for the seed

-------------

I've done this for Sumac seeds, I have them in the freezer now and will plant them soon. I've never done that with chit seeds!

bcuda

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sethrak View Post
    Hi guys, The seeds have been stored in pretty good conditions, today is day 12, I'm thinking they will grow~the weather has been poor, but I brought back a heat mat, like used for frogs and such, I have that in there now. And I brought back more seed in case.

We'll see I'm hopping, been rolling up some of that old and it really pretty nice.

Today is pretty nice, the sun is out so it great in the greenhouse. Thank for coming by.

How old are those buds you rolled and said were still pretty good ? I hope to see that some of the seeds pop open for you .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast