Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. Need help plz. First time posting !!!

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 4x4 grow tent. Is it ok to use a
    1200w full spectrum led in a tent this size for veg ?
    I have a 300w led also. What do you guys think ?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,696
    Given: 5,072
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    What brand of light are we talking about? is this 1200 actual watts draw at the wall, or is this 1200w equivalent that is drawing maybe half that or a little more?

nice one
    LD

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneDeranger View Post
    What brand of light are we talking about? is this 1200 actual watts draw at the wall, or is this 1200w equivalent that is drawing maybe half that or a little more?

nice one
    LD
    Morsen 1200w led I'm geussing drawing half.
    Appreciate the advice. Thxyou

elevator man

0 Not allowed!
    According to the manufacturer your light draws 340-360w at the wall and claims a coverage area of 2.5x2 for veg and 2x1.5 for flower.

In the questions asked by customers on amazon it says your light draws 200-240w so not sure who to believe. Only way to know for sure is test it yourself. Welcome to the deceptive marketing strategies of led manufacturers.
    Last edited by elevator man; 11-27-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elevator man View Post
    According to amazon your light draws 200-240w at the wall and claims a coverage area of 2.5x2 for veg and 2x1.5 for flower.
    Ok I'm new this all. So it would be safe to say. I can drop that bad boy closer to plants. ? Should I throw the 300w mars led in there. ?

elevator man

0 Not allowed!
    You could put both in there, I run 2x345w led panels in my 4x4. Manufacturer recommends 18-24" for veg and 12-18" for flower. I would start with thier max recommendation and move them closer keeping an eye on your plants. If you see bleaching of your buds or burning of your leaves raise your lights.

elevator man

0 Not allowed!
    Something else you will be discovering with led lights is even though the companies selling them claim they are cooler than other lights they still put off lots of heat and really don't offer a good way of removing it like other types of lights. With both of my panels running at max I have to run ac to keep my tent cool.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elevator man View Post
    Something else you will be discovering with led lights is even though the companies selling them claim they are cooler than other lights they still put off lots of heat and really don't offer a good way of removing it like other types of lights. With both of my panels running at max I have to run ac to keep my tent cool.
    Thx man. This is excellent feed back. Cheers.
    How do you feel about the fox farm trio for nutrients. ? And mixing soil and coco coir together. ?

elevator man

0 Not allowed!
    I am a hydro guy so I can't comment on anything soil related nor have I used anything fox farms sells.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I know it's late but I use all Fox farm products I do cut coir into my soil ffof by 25% along with perlite and Ewc and garden lime.
    It works well hygrozyme helps control the salt in the Fox farm products.
    I'm getting ready to go with their organic line I've gotten very good results with the trio so hoping for the same in the organic.
    The tiger bloom and grow big are only synthetics I use their almost gone.