Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water ingredients

0 Not allowed!
    Hi guys.I've been looking on the forums and can't find the answer to my question.I grow in compost and seem to hit a wall around the five week mark of flower.At this point the small sugar leaves near the buds start to dry up and eventually die taking with them the crystals as well.As you can imagine this makes for an ordinary smoke.Now i think that i have narrowed it down to a calcium overload and so is locking out Mg.I have tried to remedy this with various Mg supplements but this seems to have no effect on the problem.
    I usually use tap water and have discovered that my tap water contains 135mg per litre of calcium.When compared to mineral water which has around 35mg per litre.Could this be the cause of my problems?I have not reached the flowering stage yet and want to try and get some good meds this time.All of my grow room is spot on temps,light schedule,no light leaks.right Ph and so on.This is just a question of opinion as this time round i will be using the mineral water instead of tap anyhow.Thanks for reading my ramblings!.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,695
    Given: 5,072
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Is this a soil you have been re-using over and over again or something?

I can't imagine how 135ppm of calcium is going to do anything but strengthen your plants, my water's about the same if not even more, ppms about 190-240 total, a large part of that is calcium

I don't wanna question your research or ability or whatever bro, I ain't saying you are wrong, just seems very unusual to me

overdoing the K will also give you a mag def kinda look in my experience, by the way. If this is accompanied by crispy leaves, are you maybe somehow overdoing things? What nute line are you using anyway? Do you follow the label?

hope you figure it out in any case

nice one
    LD

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,376
    Given: 502
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrey View Post
    Hi guys.I've been looking on the forums and can't find the answer to my question.I grow in compost and seem to hit a wall around the five week mark of flower.At this point the small sugar leaves near the buds start to dry up and eventually die taking with them the crystals as well.As you can imagine this makes for an ordinary smoke.Now i think that i have narrowed it down to a calcium overload and so is locking out Mg.I have tried to remedy this with various Mg supplements but this seems to have no effect on the problem.
    I usually use tap water and have discovered that my tap water contains 135mg per litre of calcium.When compared to mineral water which has around 35mg per litre.Could this be the cause of my problems?I have not reached the flowering stage yet and want to try and get some good meds this time.All of my grow room is spot on temps,light schedule,no light leaks.right Ph and so on.This is just a question of opinion as this time round i will be using the mineral water instead of tap anyhow.Thanks for reading my ramblings!.
    Long time ago question but, there is also when the plant is taking up nitrogen it's transferring back to the soil I believe negative ions which raise the ph of the soil or hydroponic water. Prreviously I was believing I was having a heat problem but it was the plant working overtime radicalizing the ph way WAY high. Decided to do spot check not winning the leaf curl and burn and saw over 9 ph color on a test strip. What a dummy too lazy to mess with my meter. In short if the plant can handle a soil flush not having a lot of rain for awhile go for it. If it's hydro like I fooled with just change out the water to something you want for numbers.

I've found I might try lots of coco in the soil or just coco sometime. It seems to flush easy and give plenty of air to roots between water. You will have to water more using coco and have eyes on to make sure it doesn't dry up. It's not a leave over a day soil mixture but it can flush real quick without worrying about drowning your plant waiting a couple days for the roots to get air. Yah I'm just rambling too.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.