Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 684
    Given: 1,463
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Choosing a Vaporizer, Need Advice

0 Not allowed!
    I'm new to vaping but have smoked bones for 35 yrs, because of my dislike for blunts, pipes and bongs due to flavor issues imo, I have been reluctant to try different means of medicating but a friend has helped change my mind a bit and I'm looking to buy a good quality vaporizer but don't know enough of the subtle things to look out for that an experienced vaper would know. So here is what I want from what I know so far,
    1) Bag only's are out because I feel I would always prefer a stem to draw from but having the option is fine
    2) I would like one that is flexible but I would primarily use dried herb but waxes and liquid may be nice on occaission
    3) it needs a decent size chamber that I can load once and smoke what I need without reloading, 1 gram min.
    4) Portability for my first is also a priority but not firm
    5) low and easy maintenance is a big plus
    I have used the Plenty by Storz & Bickel which I love but has a short power cord which eliminates it but I would like this kind of performance out of a portable. The Mighty looks like a contender but I'm sure there are others that may have comparable features and performance without the price tag or maybe something better.
    Not that price isn't an issue but I would be glad to pay more for something that works well rather than having regrets about my choice.
    Feel free to inform me on anything you feel may be relevant, whether pro or con it's all good.
    Thanks for the input
    Stanky

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 222
    Given: 10
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I think i can help you.
    I first started with this Bullshit Vaporizers,generic Names like "USA VAPORIZER" and made in China...and hell one of them Exploded !!
    It claimed to have Ceramic Heating Elements but that was a total Fake...it was a Cardboard Roll,wrapped in Tinfoil and then wrapped in Main-Circuit Carrying Wires...
    The first time i made it on,it produced horrible Smells but that was written in the Manual,that would be some "storage Protection Oil" you shall burn away...
    The Second time i turned it on it exploded and pieces of the Cardboard and Tinfoil where Everywhere in the Room...
    (It dont burst to pieces,but made a "Bang" and trowed around stuff from the Inside...)
    The whole "Joke" had cost me 70 Euros.......
    I then said me i wont buy a Cheap Crap one every again.
    I went to Youtube and there was an Awesome Review where a Guy had 24 Vaporizers and he vaped the same Weed on the same Temperature,and then checked the remains under the Microscope.
    You could realy see which Vapo was doing its Job good and which not.

And for me the best Value Vaporizer seems to be made by Arizer.
    When you dont need a Fan blowing into your Mouth and no Ballon Function,you can buy the simple Model,the Arizer V-Tower,i paid 200 Euros but that was also Import Cost from Canada where they are made.
    When you want Fan and Ballon buy the next better Model,the "Extreme Q"

Booth have the same Heating Elements and same Warranty on them,the Extreme Q just comes with a Remote Controll,and a Fan Function and you can blow up Balloons with it.
    The V-Tower has only a Whip made from very high grade Medical PVC (its written on it,its made by some medical company),it has not the slightest own Smell when you inhale normal Air trough it,and that PVC Hose can be connected with a Glass Mouthpiece.

It uses its own Screens,which are made of Titanium and extrene Fine,you wont get a single Crumble in your Mouth.
    I can recommend Arizer,i personaly have the V-Tower

I would advise that you also buy "Medical Nylon" made for Electric Zigarrettes,its the Stuff where the E-Cig Liquids are soaked in.Sometimes its a little rope of Nylon,sometimes some special medical Cotton.
    When you have that Stuff you can take your Oils and smear it on it,then put it in the Vaporizer.THat works realy nice and is ultra tasty

Both V-Tower and Extreme Q,have Temperature Displays and Controll Units which can be set in single Fahrenheit or Celsius Steps.
    You can get real hardcore differences from the Temperatures.
    For example CBD boils at 180 Celsius,But THC and CBN already at around 160.
    So when you want a pure uplifting sativa High you can smoke on 160,if you want the CBD too you smoke on 180

The Bowl can hold a Gram with Ease,they said load it half Full,i loaded normaly 0,25 Gramms and that was not even a quarter Bowl,so it should hold a Gramm.But the Bowl has special Surfaces designed to spin the Weed around like a Centrifuge,when you draw Air.That effect only works with a half full packed Bowl but is very nice cause you get much and even smoke from it.

To the Portabillity...well it would fit in any Bagpack but it certainly is a Tabletop Model not a "smoke in the Park" model,and it needs Mains Power.
    It comes with different Plugs for all Countrys and Voltages.

But i think the Extreme Q is the best Vaporizer under 300 Bucks on the Market.
    When you check the Reviews,some Reviewers rated it better than the Volcano for 600 Bucks...Its a real Value for your Money choice to go with Arizer
    Last edited by Weedburner; 07-14-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,996
    Given: 7,089
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...for portable use, albeit for flowers only, the Pax2 is a winner in my book.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thanks for the input

0 Not allowed!
    I do plan on vaping primarily dried herb but have been thinking about a non portable as well just because I like smoking bones and started thinking about what I didn't mind ditching if need be and I can carry all I need without carrying around a vial of preground herb, just bouncing thoughts around here. I know I want to get a vaporizer, just not sure of the how, what, when and where if that makes sense. I dont mind spending the money for the right item for my use, I just don't want something that wont fill my preferred uses which I'm still unsure of what that is yet.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I love smoking the oils. You can take it anywhere and it doesn't have any smell. People think your smoking a tobacco vape. They come in 500mg viles and last awhile. They also have a growing supply of different strains.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 15
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I would definitely recommend getting the Pax 2. It's very easy to use, clean, and charge. The battery lasts awhile and charges fairly quickly. Oven heats evenly and great taste. I guess there is a new Pax 3 which is supposed to be even better...plus it now can do concentrates if you ever want to get some. Also their customer service is very good. I had my first one die after about a year and they replaced it in 2 days for me. It comes with a 10 year warranty which is a plus I think. The Pax 3 is around $274 and the Pax 2 I believe is $100 less. Hope this helps.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanky View Post
    I'm new to vaping but have smoked bones for 35 yrs, because of my dislike for blunts, pipes and bongs due to flavor issues imo, I have been reluctant to try different means of medicating but a friend has helped change my mind a bit and I'm looking to buy a good quality vaporizer but don't know enough of the subtle things to look out for that an experienced vaper would know. So here is what I want from what I know so far,
    1) Bag only's are out because I feel I would always prefer a stem to draw from but having the option is fine
    2) I would like one that is flexible but I would primarily use dried herb but waxes and liquid may be nice on occaission
    3) it needs a decent size chamber that I can load once and smoke what I need without reloading, 1 gram min.
    4) Portability for my first is also a priority but not firm
    5) low and easy maintenance is a big plus
    I have used the Plenty by Storz & Bickel which I love but has a short power cord which eliminates it but I would like this kind of performance out of a portable. The Mighty looks like a contender but I'm sure there are others that may have comparable features and performance without the price tag or maybe something better.
    Not that price isn't an issue but I would be glad to pay more for something that works well rather than having regrets about my choice.
    Feel free to inform me on anything you feel may be relevant, whether pro or con it's all good.
    Thanks for the input
    Stanky
    I'd go for a solid vaporizer shop rather than a certain brand. A well known vaporizer store will only stock quality pieces..go for a pen vaporizer im.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 638
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I love my Ascent vaporizer. It is solid and pretty indestructible. Holds a good charge and fairly easy to clean.
    ~Greenlady~

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I settled on the storz & bickel mighty back in april, sorry I forgot all about this thread, it works well, no burn taste easy to clean and you can reload more than a few times before she needs a recharge or you can use it while charging which is a nice feature others dont have. I still prefer my bones for convenience, smoke taste and buzz (must be what your used to)
    thanks for all your input,
    Stanky