Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you get high from Rick Simpson oil?

0 Not allowed!
    Hello everyone

I'm interested in trying Rick Simpson oil for my health issues (Prostate,IBD,Crohns...) but i would like to ask if you actually get the same high from taking rick simpsons oil as smoking or is it different?

Or would that kind of high happen only if i would use also the decarboxylation method before making the oil?

Just want to make sure if its ok to take for people who are more prone to get anxiety, anxiety attacks or other negative effects from smoking marihuana.

I would be fine if i just get tired or sleepy or anything just dont want the negative side effects like being too high, anxiety, panic attacks etc... Or does that also depend on THC:CBD content, strain and if its mostly sativa or indica dominant?

Thanks.
    Last edited by blackcrow; 04-07-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 239
    Given: 250
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    decarboxilation is what happens when aplied heating, i.e. smoking

NBweedguy

0 Not allowed!
    Start with very small doses

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,883
    Given: 3,834
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Start with half a 10th of a dose and see how you feel. Most folks use 1/10 of a gram per day for anxiety. See link below. Good Luck

http://www.weedandhealth.com/c9-can-...mpson-oil.html
    Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest, it's about who showed up and never left your side.

It's all Mutt's Fault....I was just there observing!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 554
    Given: 640
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, you can get high. You can build a tolerance too. But if you use low THC high CBC strain to make your RSO you would not likely get high.
    ~Greenlady~

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    start with small amount
    Last edited by grantsforcollege; 05-19-2016 at 04:21 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Hello everyone I'm interested in trying Rick Simpson oil for my health issues (Prostate,IBD,Crohns...) but i would like to ask if you actually get the same high from taking rick simpsons oil as smoking or is it different? Or would that kind of high happen only if i would use also the decarboxylation method before making the oil? Whether I load the oil into some sort of water pipe or I eat it, I would rather not get overly stoned. I heard you can buy bongs from www.herbtools.ca and also dab rigs to smoke it. Just want to make sure if its ok to take for people who are more prone to get anxiety, anxiety attacks or other negative effects from smoking marihuana. I would be fine if i just get tired or sleepy or anything just dont want the negative side effects like being too high, anxiety, panic attacks etc... Or does that also depend on THC:CBD content, strain and if its mostly sativa or indica dominant?
    It gets you extremely high. Do not underestimate it at all, I made a batch once and I had a few small doses and really enjoyed it. After that I made a mistake and got cocky with it. I had a dab rig and took a huge hit and then was just way too high, very over powering! Like others have said, start with small doses.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 539
    Given: 563
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    It depends on the strain and the pheno of the strain...Rick Simpson as I remember actually was not using CBD strains..he was using THC strains. Oil falls under the edibles category where it might take 40 minutes to a hour to even feel it...but best believe if it was a high THC strain used then you can get extremely high...like higher than you ever been....like to the point of possibly feeling like you just over dosed off THC (not fun at all). You might take a small amount and think it was weak then try and take more and be way too high lol

I myself am scared of using THC based oils lol I am even alil paranoid of messing with other edibles lol

If your going to use any oils, especially first time, I suggest you only mess with oils that have had a actual lab test of that individual batch. The key is "know your medicine".

I myself have severe PTSD and several anxiety attacks along with other anxiety issues...I go to mental health once a month over it...this is main reason I prefer smoking, Sativas and very high THC strains will throw me into a anxiety attack within 15-20 minutes...so what I do is take just 1 or 2 puffs and wait about 3-4 hrs or so before another 1 or 2 puffs.. 1:1 THC:CBD strains leaning on the indica side works best for me with anxiety. I am able to control how much my body is taking in when I smoke which I am unable to truly control with oil and edibles. Auto flowers tend to work better for anxiety than non autos due to them not getting as high THC...Pineapple express auto from barney's farm was a good one for my anxiety.

Look for high Linalool strains that has been crossed to indicas also...Linalool has been used in science research for anxiety effects. Pennywise from TGA and the CBD crew strains (especially CBD Shark) worked really good for my anxiety also. Avoid strains high in Myrcene...Myrcene over 1% can start effecting anxiety. Some people is alergic to Limonene so take that into account as well.

Always remember that much like how all strains is different...each person is different also...so what works for one may not work for another...something that people in several countries does is add tobacco to their joints..50/50 or 25/75 mix...true rastas are known for doing this.

If you start to feel a anxiety attack coming on from a strain..keep in mind that the effects should start lessing up in 40 minutes to a hr...try to have comedy movies handy since they work for me..horror movies and action movies tend to not help especially if you have got to the point of losing track of time. Keep a lemon handy...a part of my treatment for anxiety is biting into a slice of lemon if anxiety starts.
    Last edited by CBD Scienz; 11-15-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    we offer top quality bath salts,herbal incense,research chemicals,actavis prometh,nembutal,HGH,steroids,pain pills,weight loss pills,marijuana,weed,weight gain pills and many other products.Our products are top quality,packaging and shipping is discrete.Only you and us know what is in your package.Special discounts on wholesale orders. Visit our official website to place an order now.
    Call / Text us directly via +1(614)-245-5317 for more details
    visit our website: www.spicelandmedication.com