Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 66
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone tried cannabis oil to treat skin cancer?

0 Not allowed!
    Hi All - has anyone on this forum used cannabis oil to treat their pre-cancerous or cancerous skin lesions? A few days ago I was informed that I have a couple of pre-cancerous skin lesions on my nose and the doctor wanted to prescribe Efudex, which is a dermatological chemotherapy cream. Efudex basically burns into the skin and then, hopefully, the skin heals in about eight weeks. After doing some research online I felt that there were some risks in using this cream - possibly a disfigurement on my nose and I still have questions about how this would affect me systemically. Yes, disfigurement is better than a spreading cancer but, since it is just pre-cancerous at this time I think I'm willing to take a chance with the cannabis oil for a month and see what happens. I will be keeping a photo journal to watch the changes and hopefully the healing.

Anyone out there willing to share their experience with this?

Thanks!
    MK
    "I wanna know Y" - Sinister Sam

NBweedguy

0 Not allowed!
    ive read rick simpson oil has treated it
    pheonix tears i think

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NBweedguy View Post
    ive read rick simpson oil has treated it
    pheonix tears i think
    Hey NBweedguy - yep, RSO seems to be the treatment of choice. I can get it at my dispensary for about $30-$40/gram - well worth it in my opinion :-)

NBweedguy

0 Not allowed!
    yea you rub it on topically

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NBweedguy View Post
    yea you rub it on topically
    Do you know of anyone personally that has used this treatment?

NBweedguy

0 Not allowed!
    nope just reviews read

Horse Badorities

0 Not allowed!
    There's also a few videos on youtube of folks successfully using oil for skin cancers.

I've used Efudex on my face. It worked, but it's an ugly mess while it's doing it's stuff. 3 weeks to work, then 3 weeks to heal. I guess it could be disfiguring... but with my mug you'd never notice, lol!

I've had basal cells on my nose, too. The last time, I had a Mohs surgery scheduled, then thought I'd try using home made RSO. I wasn't sure how well it was working, so ended up having the surgery.

Since then, I've done of looking around, and wouldn't hesitate to really commit to a real RSO treatment. I grew up when a good sun burn was the sign of a healthy outdoorsy kid, so I'm sure I'll be getting more chances!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Horse Badorities; 02-24-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,147
    Given: 7,301
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MediKate View Post
    Do you know of anyone personally that has used this treatment?
    a few months ago i donated about a pound of my trim to a guy who used it to make RSO for a specific local patient suffering from skin cancer and open lesions on his face and being newly 'carded', as it were, i was glad of the opportunity to help a fellow patient in need.

anyway, i met that patient a couple months later at the monthly MMJ meeting who approached me with profuse thanks for my donation and photos on his phone of the lesions from before he recieved the oil to compare to the nearly healed lesions disappearing from his face.

so while i don't have any actual personal experience, all that i've seen and read leads me to believe that RSO will indeed cure malignant melanoma.

peace, SOG

btw, here is a link to Rick Simpsons website that @NBweedguy mentioned above and on this site you will find many testimonials to the efficacy of RSO as well as detailed how-to's on how to make it, ...if you do a search on YouTube there are MANY videos detailing how to make RSO in small batch's as well, with Rick's video's he's processing a pound or more, on YouTube there are vids on how to make it using about an ounce of bud or trim, ...the better quality of the bud and trim, the better the quality of the oil produced.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by someoldguy View Post
    a few months ago i donated about a pound of my trim to a guy who used it to make RSO for a specific local patient suffering from skin cancer and open lesions on his face and being newly 'carded', as it were, i was glad of the opportunity to help a fellow patient in need.

anyway, i met that patient a couple months later at the monthly MMJ meeting who approached me with profuse thanks for my donation and photos on his phone of the lesions from before he recieved the oil to compare to the nearly healed lesions disappearing from his face.

so while i don't have any actual personal experience, all that i've seen and read leads me to believe that RSO will indeed cure malignant melanoma.

peace, SOG

btw, here is a link to Rick Simpsons website that @NBweedguy mentioned above and on this site you will find many testimonials to the efficacy of RSO as well as detailed how-to's on how to make it, ...if you do a search on YouTube there are MANY videos detailing how to make RSO in small batch's as well, with Rick's video's he's processing a pound or more, on YouTube there are vids on how to make it using about an ounce of bud or trim, ...the better quality of the bud and trim, the better the quality of the oil produced.

Hey SOG - glad to hear this! I have watched a couple videos of people using this and it looked like it was working but I guess I was just trying to see if anyone here had any kind of personal testimony - so thanks for this. I guess I'm just nervous because, ya know, it's my nose! LOL! Yeah we have looked at a few RSO how-to videos and thanks for including this one :-) We have some Purple Kush that is pretty good quality that we were thinking about making into oil. We would be starting by making the tincture using Everclear in a Magical Butter Machine then transferring to a rice cooker outside. Or, I might just go to the dispensary today and buy it already made - not sure yet. We grew the Purple Kush ourselves so there is the knowledge that it was grown clean and there are no pesticides in it. And we already know it is very strong :-)

So generous of you to donate your trim :-) The community here is very heartwarming :-)

Thanks again - MK

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse Badorities View Post
    There's also a few videos on youtube of folks successfully using oil for skin cancers.

I've used Efudex on my face. It worked, but it's an ugly mess while it's doing it's stuff. 3 weeks to work, then 3 weeks to heal. I guess it could be disfiguring... but with my mug you'd never notice, lol!

I've had basal cells on my nose, too. The last time, I had a Mohs surgery scheduled, then thought I'd try using home made RSO. I wasn't sure how well it was working, so ended up having the surgery.

Since then, I've done of looking around, and wouldn't hesitate to really commit to a real RSO treatment. I grew up when a good sun burn was the sign of a healthy outdoorsy kid, so I'm sure I'll be getting more chances!

Good luck!
    Hi Horse Badorities! So good to hear of a real experience of someone using Efudex. Did all of the areas heal completely with no scarring? Also, did you notice any side effects systemically? I have to wonder what this stuff does when it gets absorbed through your skin. A friend of mine had Mohs and they made quite a mess of her face under her eye. She had to go back and insist that they fix the scar that pulled down the corner of her eye. Fortunately for her they complied... So, anyway, I think I'm all in with the RSO for now - I want to at least give it a good try first, then if it doesn't work, I will concede to using the Efudex. I'm almost 60, you would think that I wouldn't be so vain at this point in my life but the thought of having big divots on my nose, or a permanently red nose, is not appealing to me :-( I'm hoping the RSO leaves clear, smooth skin when it's all over. But, a scarred nose is better than a spreading cancer - so there's that ;-)

Yep, when I was a teenager we would slather our bodies with baby oil and then go down to the river and lay on a big flat rock - you know, the one right next to the river, so that we could not only get the intense heat off the rock but made sure we got the reflection off the water - then we would flip ourselves over like bacon and when we were nice and brown and smelling of burnt flesh we would ride our bikes back into town in the heat of the day... geeeeeeeezzzzzzz. I'm sure I've got more skin issues coming myself!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast