Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Piracy was that bad for the other books? I like both types but understand why some people don't release digital.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneDeranger View Post
    yeah it's unfortunate that it's the case, but piracy is so rife these days that once there is a digital format available, the same day there is a torrent copy available too. we are all guilty of piracy to some degree I reckon, it's just too easy, ask any movie producer how crazy it makes them LOL

I can understand how one might want to protect their hard work, but yeah I would certainly have a digital copy too if there was one available

from what I understand the book is pretty beautiful to look at too, all my old grow books (before going digital) got wet or dirty over the times or whatever so I haven't invested in the encyclopedia yet as it will undoubtedly suffer the same fate LOL shit gets messy around here eh, shame I won't be getting a digital copy any time soon by the sound of it either

no worries
    LD
    Were you high when you wrote this?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 901
    Given: 1,537
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Hugs and Spit
    He probably was. I'm high writing this, right now. I was high when i posted earlier. I will probably be high later. I was high when i joined this site. I was high when i chose my avatar. (Gregor Mendel did not get high) I was high when i started my grow journal. I was high when i made my infused coconut oil. I was high when i went to the grocery store earlier. ....welcome to the site. Are you growing this year? What are you growing this year? How long have ya been growing?

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Your response made me smile. Probably a little too much.

Ummm...I'm not growing this year, I actually dont want to grow till it's legal to do so but I figured in the mean time I can learn things to help limit some of the beginner mistakes.

I just ordered a couple books but found this site when I googled if I could get this book on my kindle. Then I started reading the comments and here I am.

I'm taking notes so far all I have is "research flowering times by regions". I know, it's a slow start lol.

Cheers

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 901
    Given: 1,537
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Hugs and Spit
    There is a ton of things to consider. And it shows how careful you want to approach this. Very wise. No matter what you do or how much you read you will make mistakes your first grow. Thats all there is to it. This is my...4th outdoors grow and...probably 5-10 runs indoors and out to make seeds. Gets a little foggy...probably was high ...anyways i find myself still making stupid mistakes. Some things to consider...i live in California and jt is illegal to grow outdoors in my town. Just saying...even when it goes legal you may STILL be waiting. But things for you to research. Since it sounds like you have your "research rat" hat on.
    1) Indoors or out? Greatly determined by if you have a yard or not and your latitude. (Weather)
    2) Indoors? Soil type or soilless. Coco coir is best for plants and nutrient uptake. Peat moss is next. (Peat has a low pH) Or hydro, which has another set of things.
    *indoors comes with a ton of other things to consider. Some of which are
    A) type of light. HPS or LED?
    B) air movement/cooling
    C) carbon filter to hide smell
    D) grow in a tent, cabinet or entire room
    3) both indoors and outdoors require nutrients.
    A) organics - needs time to break down.
    B) chemical ferts - readily available for plant to uptake.
    Also easy to over feed.
    *if you go the chemical fert (bottle nutes) there are a ton of them out there and tons of reviews as well.

Those are just a few points to start to consider when planning your first grow. Even those wont cover everything. Like with the hydro set up. Its beyond me. I grow organics outdoors and run little 3 gal pots indoors with bottle nutes in the winter. But again welcome and we are glad to have you here.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patient puffer View Post
    @Hugs and Spit
    There is a ton of things to consider. And it shows how careful you want to approach this. Very wise. No matter what you do or how much you read you will make mistakes your first grow. Thats all there is to it. This is my...4th outdoors grow and...probably 5-10 runs indoors and out to make seeds. Gets a little foggy...probably was high ...anyways i find myself still making stupid mistakes. Some things to consider...i live in California and jt is illegal to grow outdoors in my town. Just saying...even when it goes legal you may STILL be waiting. But things for you to research. Since it sounds like you have your "research rat" hat on.
    1) Indoors or out? Greatly determined by if you have a yard or not and your latitude. (Weather)
    2) Indoors? Soil type or soilless. Coco coir is best for plants and nutrient uptake. Peat moss is next. (Peat has a low pH) Or hydro, which has another set of things.
    *indoors comes with a ton of other things to consider. Some of which are
    A) type of light. HPS or LED?
    B) air movement/cooling
    C) carbon filter to hide smell
    D) grow in a tent, cabinet or entire room
    3) both indoors and outdoors require nutrients.
    A) organics - needs time to break down.
    B) chemical ferts - readily available for plant to uptake.
    Also easy to over feed.
    *if you go the chemical fert (bottle nutes) there are a ton of them out there and tons of reviews as well.

Those are just a few points to start to consider when planning your first grow. Even those wont cover everything. Like with the hydro set up. Its beyond me. I grow organics outdoors and run little 3 gal pots indoors with bottle nutes in the winter. But again welcome and we are glad to have you here.
    Thank you for all this! *sews herself a hat made of rats*

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,541
    Given: 892
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Muskrat I hope!! Haha

Dr.Chas-THC

Quote Originally Posted by Hugs and Spit View Post
    Thank you for all this! *sews herself a hat made of rats*
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    Gorilla Gear Board ~ Hurricane Super 8 Fan,
    HyperFan 8”~HyperFan Hyper Climate Control,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    MountainAir Big Air Volatile Organic
    Activated Carbon Filter 8”x40”!!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,541
    Given: 892
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    You need a book rest, pal. Buy one. You bought an encyclopedia, not a pocket book.
    E64C7B03-01DB-4F62-8E5C-8639E057770B.jpeg
    CD779544-69A3-48A4-BC52-5317D3564EB8.jpeg
    735B9CFB-CFDC-44E2-B301-C50DF1AA581F.jpeg
    53DDF51D-3288-4AED-A70C-3D6B39711090.jpeg
    BDC40BB9-061E-45BD-9FC8-A2EDC2DD311B.jpeg
    You bought a book, but it”s too big to read? Hahaha

I thought you had a problem... no.

Dr.Chas-THC

Quote Originally Posted by oldshol4evr View Post
    i bought this book off amazon,great read jorge,BUT,i cant finish the book,book is so big and heavy,to big to sit in lap and shines light reflection ,cant read,cant lay in bed to read to ackward and still heavy,with surgeries on my shoulder weight is a big issue and back and neck screwed up along with surgeries on knees,cant sit at table and read from pain,i would love to see you downsize book to regular size and just make thicker,but i tell ya from i have read i love the book,maybe one day i will finish it,lol
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    Gorilla Gear Board ~ Hurricane Super 8 Fan,
    HyperFan 8”~HyperFan Hyper Climate Control,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    MountainAir Big Air Volatile Organic
    Activated Carbon Filter 8”x40”!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12