Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 10
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannabis Encyclopedia eBook/Kindle edition?

0 Not allowed!
    Is there an electronic version of your Cannabis Encyclopedia available?
    I have all my growing documents and books on my laptop that I take to different grows.
    Of course, I will gladly pay.

Thanks for all your great work and advice. -Rob

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,490
    Given: 3,258
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    HI @xweeverx,

No the Cannabis Encyclopedia will not be available in a digital format. Books are the best.

Please REVIEW The Cannabis Encyclopedia on amazon. Thanks! http://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Encyc...4331120&sr=1-3

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,696
    Given: 5,072
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    yeah it's unfortunate that it's the case, but piracy is so rife these days that once there is a digital format available, the same day there is a torrent copy available too. we are all guilty of piracy to some degree I reckon, it's just too easy, ask any movie producer how crazy it makes them LOL

I can understand how one might want to protect their hard work, but yeah I would certainly have a digital copy too if there was one available

from what I understand the book is pretty beautiful to look at too, all my old grow books (before going digital) got wet or dirty over the times or whatever so I haven't invested in the encyclopedia yet as it will undoubtedly suffer the same fate LOL shit gets messy around here eh, shame I won't be getting a digital copy any time soon by the sound of it either

no worries
    LD

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 10
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Cervantes View Post
    HI @xweeverx,

No the Cannabis Encyclopedia will not be available in a digital format. Books are the best.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that one...ha ha.

I just got the encyclopedia; very nice work!

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,490
    Given: 3,258
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    @xweeverx,

Theft is a huge problem that has cost me much misery and income. I have given so much to this industry and find it difficult when people steal my work. Thanks for your understanding.

Please take a few minutes to review the Cannabis Encyclopedia on amazon. Reviews are so important. In fact, you can voice your disagreement about no electronic edition in an amazon review.

Please REVIEW The Cannabis Encyclopedia on amazon. Thanks! http://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Encyc...4331120&sr=1-3

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,007
    Given: 9,545
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Amazon does have "Marijuana Horticulture Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible Cannabis Guide by Jorge C" in digital Kindle that you can view on your phone, laptop or PC. Not to be confused with "Marijuana Grow Bible" by someone else.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I agree books are best. They are hands on.
    420BUDS

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    i bought this book off amazon,great read jorge,BUT,i cant finish the book,book is so big and heavy,to big to sit in lap and shines light reflection ,cant read,cant lay in bed to read to ackward and still heavy,with surgeries on my shoulder weight is a big issue and back and neck screwed up along with surgeries on knees,cant sit at table and read from pain,i would love to see you downsize book to regular size and just make thicker,but i tell ya from i have read i love the book,maybe one day i will finish it,lol

no1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dburks10 View Post
    First and foremost, thank you Jorge for all your hard work and research you have done for the marijuana industry through the years and for being so generous as to share your expertise of what you have learned through trial, error and success. I too have purchased "The Cannabis Encyclopedia" book, which is an amazing resource that has become indispensable to me. I also have the Kindle format of "Marijuana Horticulture Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible Cannabis Guide” by you as well.
    I have read your comments of why you’re not considering at this time of making “The Cannabis Encyclopedia” into an eBook format, however I would like to express my thoughts and make a plea for you to reconsider:

EBook format has become wave of the future for several reasons. For the hundreds of thousands of people who travel or wait for appointments or do night time reading (with your arms getting tired trying to hold a heavy book) or those who like to use their “other spare time” reading, or those who don't like to carry (or can't) around extra weight from heavy books or etc., but like to have access to their choice of reading material, eBooks are extremely convenient which allow access ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. Another convenience is when you have a key word you can do searches and find all the pages that word is “used” on. These are a few of the reasons there are newspapers and publishers who have gone out of business or are barely hanging on because of the HUGE decline in paper sales and to survive they have had to reinvent the way they do business to stay competitive and stay in business by adding audio books and eBooks.

I totally understand you feel cheated by those who are dishonest and steal your material, however I believe there are more good than bad people in this world. If they do it on the internet you have been very forth coming about setting the record straight by contacting them and telling them not to. Please don’t punish the rest of us for those few dishonest people. It’s like my grandpa use to say about locking the door to the house… “A lock on the front door is only gonna help keep an honest man honest. A dishonest man will find a way in, no matter how many locks you use”. Think about how many more people would purchase your eBook in addition to the hard copy they already have (I know I would) or even buy it for the 1st time. Will there be some possible loss? You are in business, of course, realistically yes, BUT how much more can be gained not only for you $$$ wise, but for people trying to be better educated or looking for answers in your publications? How many more people will be reading your material because of the convince of being available at their fingertips ANYTIME, ANYWHERE? LOTS

One more POINT I want to bring up... And that is since you are not planning on producing posters for “CANNIBAS NUTRIENT DEFIECIANCIES & EXESSES” due to $$$ costs (which would be outstanding to be able to hang on the wall), having the “The Cannabis Encyclopedia” on ones tablet / iPad would be such a HUGE help when trying to diagnose issues with a plant by being able to scroll through the screens from the book that have the pictures and information without trying to handle a book getting it wet or dirty in the grow area. Another plus, if your where in an area requiring no light or minimal light you wouldn’t need to turn lights on because table / iPad is already light enough to read

With total respect, thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................then, the power ........... went ...............

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 277
    Given: 206
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I love the book and print form. It is a quality produced book on laminated paper with lots of great color pictures. I'm not a fan of digital anything. The PC, internet and smart phone is about as far as I want to go. I'm an analogue guy in a digital age. I like being able to bookmark pages and switch back and forth as needed. I know you can do that too with digital but I find it to be a pain in the ass to do. I have not attempted to sit down and read it from cover to cover. I use it more as a reference for information. Since I am not growing MJ, The sections about setting up a grow tent, soil and nutrients are of the most use to me. All in all I think it's a great book well worth the cost. Thanks Jorge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast