Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Lefty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    @Lefty, That's what I was thinking about. Determining the top 10 by the thumbs wouldn't really be an accurate way of doing it. Having just me determine the top 10??, ...I see how your thinking. It would either be that way or have it determined by a member panel. @Mutt has expressed interest in doing that...I have faith in whoever she would pick to be totally impartial and would determine the finalist by the guidelines that are already set. If we can't go that route, I would do it. So...by the middle of next week...we'll have all this worked out one way or the other ....that way everyone will know what's going on before September 1st
    I once did a LED giveaway contest where we used a judging panel...It had it's pros and cons. The number one factor is commitment and judges not being flakey or having agendas to make sure a friend has an inside track to win.
    I only had issue with one judge doing that stuff since he only wanted a LED grower to win but that was another time and place. Looking back if I had a do over I woulda just used 1-3 judges I knew and trusted to do the right thing. I had 5 judges and I just happened to pick a member for a judge who I did'nt know well and it backfired on me

doublej

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I'm not a fan of the thumbs up being used to determine the top 10. All that would really mean is the 1st pics entered would be the the top ten because if you look at past contests, the earlier the entry, the more thumbs up it has. Some people like to enter on the very last day too so that would mean minimal thumbs for those entries.
    Looking back at past results the most thumbs did'nt seem to be the qualifier either and if it was it was not the only criteria used.
    I was actually under the impression that admin, doobie duck, and jorge were selecting the top ten based off lighting, content, and photo quality.

Since there can only be 10 entries, IMO @blackdog you should be the sole judge for the top ten. Then next month if somebody does the contest they'll be the judge and so on
    very good points ,never thought about late entries...

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    @Lefty, we could go with 3 judges...I said 5 just to throw a number out there. It'll work itself out...just as long as whoever makes the list stays with the criteria and will stay neutral. Which I don't think that will even be an issue.

Marijuana Growing Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,793
    Given: 774
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Blackdog. If you set everything up and it's all fare. I will help you in any way I can. I will stay nutral in it all. I sent Mutt a PM on why I will not be a judge or anything more then a rules enforcer. This will not be put on by this site. But the members within. At least for the time being. Any prize offered will not be garenteed as we are not responsible. But number one rule will stay. No prize will be of MMJ product. That means seeds/hash/buds/edibles/plants/or smoking device. I think this is a great idea and hope in time it will be a regular thing. Even if all it is is a POTM mention and no real prize. Maybe something can be done for POTY but as it stands. The site and Jorge are not hosting this contest.
    Of all the things i've lost. I miss my mind the most
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 611
    Given: 802
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Impressive work blackdog, you're very talented my friend...

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    @Warlock, thank you. You can step in anytime...this is just for fun, and until Admin gets organized and wants to host it again...we can have different members host each month...for as long as there's enough interest and members willing to host. We did do the POTY last year. @Mutt won that. So no seeds or smoke?...gotcha, I"ll be sending it out bulk rate w/ tracking number. Guaranteed!.."),~

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Blackdog. If you set everything up and it's all fare. I will help you in any way I can. I will stay nutral in it all. I sent Mutt a PM on why I will not be a judge or anything more then a rules enforcer. This will not be put on by this site. But the members within. At least for the time being. Any prize offered will not be garenteed as we are not responsible. But number one rule will stay. No prize will be of MMJ product. That means seeds/hash/buds/edibles/plants/or smoking device. I think this is a great idea and hope in time it will be a regular thing. Even if all it is is a POTM mention and no real prize. Maybe something can be done for POTY but as it stands. The site and Jorge are not hosting this contest.

Marijuana Growing Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,793
    Given: 774
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Lmao. Smart ass ;-)
    Of all the things i've lost. I miss my mind the most
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,625
    Given: 1,979
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I think youve got a good plan working. I would trust any member who committed to being a judge whether it be 1 or 3 or 5 person panel. I think a rotating 3 member panel would work as 1 person would be singled out for whiners who didnt make the cut. The only other option would be a 2nd poll to be a tie breaker for lowest thumbs up and that just gets too complicated. I'm sure whatever gets finalized as guidelines will be a level field for everyone. Thanks again to everybody working to make this happen. Youz all Rock!
    ~PKb~

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,754
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    WOAAA ! ten entries ?! Damn.,... ladies are first REALLY photo ready in 13 days !
    Better get my ass into it then !
    @Warlock i agree, thumbs up will let the first entries win almost every time.
    Looking forward to see how this goes..
    I Dont have any problems with any of the selected judges, who that may end up to be.

I have felt welcome and equal since day one and im just happy to be able to do these awesome things with u.
    Once again, Ty @blackdog for holding the grip on this one !

Namaste OM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456